“I Keep Going Back!”

Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I just finished my seventh stay at Bayfront Wescott Bed and Breakfast. I just keep going back! My husband surprised me with a trip here for my birthday a couple of years ago. We then went back a few months later. We both just fell in love with the place and the staff. I then took one of my teacher friends here for a few days; then my oldest daughter for a stay. I have since returned for three more stays by myself. That says a lot for me to be comfortable to stay by myself anywhere. But, this is like traveling to a second home! Joy (owner with her husband) and the entire staff treat you like royalty. Upon checking in, you are offered refreshment and shown to your room. Each room is beautiful! They are all similar (filled with beautiful antiques) yet different. There is a reception each afternoon with delicious food, sodas, beer, and wine. I love to eat outside on the wicker furniture either on the wrap around porch or by the fountain and gaze at the sailboats on the bay! Once in your room, luxurious robes compliment your evening along with special spa products! I love to hear the clop, clop, clop of the horses hooves as they pass by my room pulling the carriages! Your morning begins with a delicious specially prepared breakfast tailored to your wants. Once again, I usually choose to sit outside and read while I eat my breakfast and take in the beautiful view of the bay and the sound of the fountain. You can walk to the historic downtown stores and sites or catch a trolley down the block. Sometimes, since I am in such a beautiful room with an equally beautiful view, I choose to stay and read or do some crocheting. Fabulous restaurants are also within walking distance!
Believe me, once you go here you will keep going back!

Room Tip: Oops, I checked swimming pool rating, but there is not a swimming pool. You will not miss it!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

We love having you every time... you are family to us now! Thank you for taking the time to write such a long heartfelt review; it means so much! We are so glad to hear you appreciate (and talk up!) all of the little things we love about the inn and this beautiful town. We look forward to your next visit! Cheers!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 36th anniversary. The house is very clean and well kept. The staff were very accommodating to our every need. Lizzy comes in on Monday and Wednesday nights to tell about the history of St. Augustine in the dining room. Beverages, dips, crackers and cheese are served. Each evening we came in to find fresh cookies and muffins. We stayed in the Victoria room. It was very spacious with a private balcony and view of the Marina and Bay. The breakfast was delicious, especially the French Toast. The B&B is located close to all the historic sites and restaurants. We loved our stay and hope to return someday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

We are so glad to hear we could help make your anniversary special! We love helping our guests celebrate special occasions and like to provide a romantic getaway experience in St. Augustine! Thank you for taking the time to post your incredible compliments about all of our amenities. We will certainly let our cook know how much you enjoyed the breakfasts! Cheers!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Yummy snacks and gourmet breakfast. Spacious room with all amenities. Easy walk to everything and great jogging across the street. Bed was so comfortable we hated to get up in the morning. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful compliments! We are so glad you were pleased with our location and amenities. Please come see us again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was our first trip to Florida and the Westcott was recommended to us by a friend. It lived up to all our expectations. The accommodation was delightful - the beds are so comfortable. Joy and her staff were so friendly and helpful. The whole visit was a treat. We have already passed the word on to all our friends!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Anne,
We are incredibly glad to hear you were so happy with your stay! We love to provide an experience our guests would recommend so it is wonderful that you were recommended, the inn lived up to your expectations, and you would recommend us again! Thank you for your kind words and please come see again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have stayed at other B & B's, but this was the best in every way! The owners and staff went out of the way to make our visit enjoyable and to meet every need. The breakfasts were incredible - delicious and made to order. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. Any request was met with a smile and immediately taken care of by everyone we encountered. We definitely plan to return again and again. Overall, this was a fantastic experience.

Room Tip: From what I could tell all the rooms were lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Wow! What a wonderful review! It was our pleasure to have you stay and we are so pleased that you found us to be the best of all the bed and breakfasts you have visited. It is always our goal to go out of our way to cater to our guests. Please do come see us again!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was my first time at a B and B and was not sure what to expect. During my recent stay I had a marvelous experience here at Bayfront Wescott plus Joy and Andrew were so welcoming. I found this facility to be clean, efficient and easily accessible to restaurants, shopping and tourist areas. Breakfast was excellent with someone catering to my every request and the early evening Social with appetizers and drinks was so pleasant and relaxing. Especially fun was the gentlemen who dropped by with Folklore stories which added to the ambiance of this quaint Bed and Breakfast with it's gorgeous view of the Bay.

Would I stay here again in the future? Would I recommend Bayfront Wescott to others?

ABSOLUTELY...Look forward to my next visit. Wilma Reschetar

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Wilma,

We are so happy we could exceed your expectations for your first stay at a bed and breakfast! It is our job to provide you with a wonderful experience and it is lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. We love to help our guests truly relax, but also get a taste of the St. Augustine history with our storyteller, so thank you for your compliments on that. We look forward to your next visit! Cheers!

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Great location , Enjoyed a terrific view on the front porch. Room had tv & large bathroom. Everyone was very hospitable & attention to every detail. We had a wonderful breakfast every day..The service here is outstanding - Thank-you , Joy , for a very enjoyable vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
AndrewJoy, Owner at Bayfront Westcott House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

It was our pleasure to make your experience with us a special one! We are so happy you found our service outstanding, as we pride ourselves on great Westcott House hospitality! Thank you for the wonderful compliments! Cheers!