“Amazing, amazing, amazing!”

The Cedar House Inn
Ranked #1 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 December 2011

This bed and breakfast is so beautiful from the outside that I knew it would be a wonderful stay. We didn't expect the owner, Cyndi, to be so welcoming and friendly... we loved her! The breakfasts were so good along with the complimentary wine, port, soft drinks, water and cookies. We enjoyed the rocking chairs on the front porch as well as the balcony sitting areas. We stayed in the smallest and less expensive room in the house, The Grove, but it was okay that it was small since we were not spending too much time in the room. St. Augustine is a great little city to explore and you can walk everywhere from the inn. We loved The Tasting Room and Rhett's Piano Bar. The San Sebastian Winery is also a fun place to visit and taste wine. If you've never done a horse & carriage ride, be sure to book one... it's romantic! We will definitely return to The Cedar House Inn and I would recommend it as my top choice so far for St. Augustine!

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room we were upstairs in the back of the house in The Grove, which is also the s...
1  Thank PrettyInPink98

Reviewed 7 December 2011

I had frequent contact with Cyndi as planned our wedding. We stayed at the Inn and loved every moment. We were comfortable in our honeymoon suite and loved the giant sized jaccuzzi. Clean surroundings, great breakfast (ask her to cook her baked omlette with hollandaise sauce) comfortable bed, wonderful hostess. If you spend only one night I guarantee that you will want to return. We will on our first anniversary. Thanks Cyndi.

Room Tip: Two rooms have private entrances and are quiet and private - Sanibel Jr is one - ask Cyndi for the o...
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Just got back from an amazing weekend in St. Augustine yesterday where we stayed at the Cedar House Inn. I could not have made a better choice! Walking through St. Augustine, some other b&b's are more centrally located, but that is what makes them a second rate choice compared to the Cedar House. With the Cedar House you get what other B&B's don't give you which is privacy away from the crowds, and the noise - and it is still only a two minute walk (literally) to the action. Perfect!

Cindy & Gina are the greatest! Breakfast each morning was different, and a play on my tastebuds. There was coffee, water, and wine at all hours of the day available. Even before arriving at Cedar House, Cindy was the most pleasent person to talk to. She even brought out an omlette with a candle on it to sing happy birthday to my boyfriend, per my request. As soon as we got there she handed us a map with circled restaurants and shops in the area we should visit and which we shouldn't. Even getting there late on a Friday night she was able to get us reservations at Rhett's (amazing food!) and right in front of the piano to hear some live blues/jazz. Gina, her assistant, had such a warm smile on each morning that it was hard to be tired in her presence.

It was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The inn was immaculate, and very welcoming. I left feeling not like I went and stayed at some swanky hotel, but like I visited St. Augustine and stayed with warm relatives. Definitely visit St. Augustine, and definitely stay at the Cedar House Inn! It will make your experience so much more enjoyable!

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice, and they all have a private back door entrance and terrace. However, we...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2011

My wife and I were looking for a unique, romantic, and charming wedding location and the moment we walked into Cedar House Inn we knew we found the place. It is a gorgeous 120 year old Victorian B&B located right in the best location of St. Augustine: a block from the Lightner Museam courtyard, the Casa Monica, and the architecture of Flagler College. Everything is within walking distance but you are on a quiet residential street. The property is amazing - it's about 3500 square feet, 3 floors and has 7 beautiful rooms, all unique and charming. Every detail is authentic and picture perfect - this is no stuffy old house full of random antiques!

The inn's owner and innkeeper, Cyndi Humphrey, is an amazing and gracious host. She is warm and exceedingly professional. You will not want for anything during your stay and will not want to leave. She was essentially our wedding planner and helped pull off our 3 day event perfectly and to the delight of all our guests. We booked out the entire inn and held our rehearsal dinner and ceremony on the grounds. Every guest could not get over how much fun they had at our wedding and what a beautiful venue it was. Cyndi's gourmet breakfasts are to die for!

The Cedar House deserves every one of its five stars and we will now be regular visitors for our anniversaries and short trips to our favorite oldest city. Thank you Cyndi and Gina for helping make our wedding day the greatest time of our lives for us and our family! -Darlene and Kevin

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2011

My husband and I spent our 10 year anniversary here. What an amazing place! Cindy has been great to us !! Beautiful room and beautiful service always with a smile !! We would definitely recommend Cedar House Inn in Saint Augustine, Fl.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 15 November 2011

If you are looking to be pampered and treated like family this is the place to stay.My wife and I had a wonderful honeymoon , and the breakfast is top notch.Cyndi and Gina went above and beyond on everything.This why they are the best B & B again in 2011.We will definitly be back.
Jimmy & Melanie Ertel

Reviewed 15 November 2011

My husband and I were lucky enough to go back to the Cedar House Inn for our Anniversary last month. I want to mention that it was our third time at the inn; however, we had not been there since it was taken over by Cyndi some years ago. Of course, we just could not help it, but we did have expectations due to our previous visits there and we just were not sure if it would ever feel the same. Well, sure enough, Cyndi has not skipped a beat and, I must say, I do reference Tripadvisor for opinions of others, and I was so happy to see that the ratings for the Cedar House Inn are flawless.......just as our recent 3 day visit was. I just can't say enough about this inn. First of all, my husband and I love to visit B&B's and it was our mission to go to St. Augustine and experience a different B&B each time. Well, I can tell you, it has not happened and will never happen. Once you've stayed at the best, there is no where else to go because I feel certain that no B&B anywhere can compare to this inn and we would NEVER miss the opportunity to stay at the Cedar House Inn when in St. Augustine. Cyndi is so sweet and down to earth. Her cooking, OH MY................the breakfast is like no other I have ever had. And, I have all kinds of allergies and she accomodated me each and every morning......with a smile! I was honestly so sad to leave. I had to give her a big hug when I left and actually felt emotional as if I were leaving a family member I would not see for some time. I just can't say enough about the Cedar House Inn and Cyndi. Also, a big thank you to Gina.......she assists Cyndi at the inn and she made me laugh each day.....such a sweetie! I cannot wait to get back there!!! If you are reading this post trying to decide whether or not you should visit the inn........trust me....you will NOT be disappointed. Not to mention, the location of the inn is prime. Everything is within walking distance in this beautiful city!! Oh, and ask Cyndi for the stuffed french toast....yummy! ;o)

Michael and Cheryl