“Not quite my best experience in St. Augustine”
Review of Agustin Inn

Agustin Inn
Ranked #9 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We go to St. Augustine once a month because we love the area. We stayed for 2 nights in the Greensboro room. Apparently this room shares an air conditioner with the lobby, which has the door wide open for breakfast, and during check in times. I mentioned that the room was warm when we checked in, and was told the would turn the air down. The following day, I mentioned the room being warm at breakfast. They said they would see what they could do. We were gone most of the day. Someone came in, after we asked them not to, and turned off all the fans. The room was about 90 degrees that evening. I tried to find the thermostat in the lobby, and even called the emergency number. No one returned my call. I emailed them when I returned home, no response. I live in Florida, and realize it is hot, but this was unacceptable, and all anyone could say was "We'll see what we can do", and then did nothing. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Make sure that your room has its own air conditioner.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I just returned from a fabulous four day stay at the Augustin Inn. The location was terrific - a block away from the harbor and right in the heart of old St. Augustine - the Emperor Room was clean, decorated in a contemporary style (no doilies) with a brand new state-of-the art shower, and the staff accommodated my food allergies each morning by providing me with a gluten-free, tree-nut free breakfast! This is the first time that I have stayed at a B&B where the cook(s) have actually wanted to ensure that I could eat the breakfasts, so their concern and attention to my food allergies really impressed me. Incidentally, the special meals that they prepared for me were delicious! Because we stayed for four nights, the Inn also treated us to complimentary champagne. I would only caution that the Emperor Room faces a restaurant that has live music until 11pm, but if you are alright with the sounds of classic 60s and 70s folk/rock being strummed on a guitar, then I would strongly recommend the Emperor Room. I will definitely stay at the Augustin Inn on my next trip to the area!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aryanna A
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Wonderful breakfasts.. Eat on the porch, beautiful! Great staff and wonderful rooms in the perfect location! Will definitely be returning. Could NOT ask for more!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 7 April 2012

They made sure the check in process was easy and streamlined, and made us feel right at home. We had chocolate covered strawberries waiting in our room (which is an extra add on option.) And we had the Primrose suit which is the biggest in the house. The view wasn't much, however the room was beautiful and relaxing enough to make up for it.
Right outside the room was a band from a local restaurant playing live music from afternoon until around 11pm. This actually made it sound like our room had live music every time we walked in.

The beds our more comfortable than my own,
and many rooms including the primrose feature large jacuzzi tubs.
The breakfast was amazing. It was a two course breakfast served at two different times. They make different items every morning, however you can request a specific dish and they will make it for you. The dishes they make are so good guests often ask for recipes, which they gladly give out.

This inn is right in the thick of the historic district. We did not want for a thing and could walk almost anywhere we wanted to go.
This is the way to go if your looking for a romantic weekend away from the kids.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: Book well in advance.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We have stayed at the Augustine Inn before and it is our first choise on our trips to St Augustine. It is located less than a block from St Charles Street which is the main street in the historical section of St Augustine. St Charles Street runs from the old city gates to Government House. The B & B itself is pleasant, comfortable, and the Breakfasts are first rate. All the Pubs, resturants, shops, and attractions are within walking distance. Drive to the Inn, unload the car, park it in the Inn's parking lot (2 1/2 blocks away), and walk everywhere. Get tired, return to the Inn, rest, and explore again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2012

It is right in the center of old St. Augustine with lovely rooms and amentities.

Room Tip: Stay on first floor if trouble with stairs, they will change breakfast menu if you ask. very accomma...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was our first time at a B & B, and I was sooo happy and amazed with this beautiful place! It is in the center of were all fun happens in St. Augustine and the Castillo de San Marcos is directly across the street! Everything is within walking distance. Our room was amazing and clean. The bed was comfy and the pillows were the softest pillows ever! The breakfast was great! My husband and I are not to fond of quiche but it was AMAZING!!! The strawberry soup was just as delicious! The staff was amazing and friendly! We had an absolute ball while we were there! We stayed in the Wyndham Suite and it was PERFECT!!! The whirlpool tub was the BEST part!!! The pub is right behind the room and you could hear the live music which was pretty cool... it did not bother us.. we enjoyed it! I recommend the Augustin Inn to anybody and everybody! We will be returning soon!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple