“Highly recommended!”
Review of Agustin Inn

Agustin Inn
Ranked #9 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

This bed and breakfast was absolutely fantastic! The staff was extremely attentive, it is right of of St. George Street (the heart of St. Augustine) and just a two minute walk from the Castillo de San Marcos. The rooms were wonderful and we were actually lucky enough to have the entire floor to ourselves. They even lent us an umbrella for the night. Unlike other bed and breakfasts I have stayed at, in addition to breakfast they has snacks and refreshments available at any time of day.

I only have two minor complaints. I wish I had brought my own pillows; one of their pillows was not enough for me and two of them were way too much. Also, I am a bit of a picky eater and while my husband loved things like their southwestern breakfast casserole I don't eat things like peppers, black beans, etc. I did hear the staff tell another customer that they could make her an alternative breakfast, but unfortunately that was as I was finishing my last breakfast with them. So, to any other picky eaters out there, feel free to ask alternatives before they bring you breakfast :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessicaToy1011

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed in the Wellington room located on the 3rd floor with a private balcony. The room was great as it provided the privacy of the 3rd floor and the extra living space with use of the balcony. My gf and I spent hours on the balcony listening to the music next door. Was like you were next door with the music but didn't have to buy the expensive drinks since we bought our own bottles of wine to enjoy on the balcony.

Pros: Great location (center of town). Great breakfast. Awesome balcony. Friendly staff. Clean room. Room included a ceiling fan.

Cons: 3rd floor might be hot (we lucked out weather was cool), parking is few blocks away (wasn't an issue for us after we unloaded our car we never needed to drive again), room was small (wasn't an issue for us because we are smaller people and don't over pack).

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Wellington room on 3rd floor is nice because you have a view of flagner c...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rich G
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Everything was exceptional! Staff was wonderful- very helpful and fun. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. Location was perfect. The rooms were great. Beds SUPER comfortable! Beautiful porch attached to our room was great for morning coffee or they'll serve you your breakfast there!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KCA123
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We only live about an hour away so we come to St Augustine all of the time. We have stayed in about 15 different B&B's in this area and I have to say I will rank St Agustin among the best. The room was small, but it was spotless and decorated very nicely. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was good and you simply can't beat the location. It is true that the parking lot is about 1-1/2 blocks away but so what? Most people walk everywhere in this historic city anyway and besides you need to work off those calories, right? I would highly recommend staying at this B&B!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tgator
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I visit St. Augustine several times a year. This was our first time staying the Agustin Inn. We could not have asked for a more friendly and accommodating staff. When we first arrived the staff allowed us to look at several rooms available to pick out which one we liked best. The room was clean and quite cute. We asked for a mini-refrigerator to be brought to the room. The staff promptly brought us a small refrigerator. I am a vegetarian. The staff was more than willing to offer me different options for breakfast. We will definitely stay here again! I would definitely recommend the Agustin Inn to everyone!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica P
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This inn is gorgeous and in a terrific location. We stayed in the Duchess room which was very elegant. The bed was super comfortable. We got in late so I didn't get to try the tub (sad). Fluffy towels and robes are provided. And there was a hairdryer (yay). The innkeepers did a fantastic job getting us checked in with minimum of fuss even though we arrived after the staff had left for the day.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is the second time we stayed at this B&B, the first time was approximately 4 years ago. We decided to come back after staying in other hotels in St. Augustine thereafter hoping to relive the experience of a romantic B&B getaway. It was very good then, no so great this time … things are getting old and in my opinion the place is in need of some revitalization.

LOCATION: it is centrally located in the middle of the old town, so this aspect is unbeatable; within walking distance to all the history and action.

VALUE: it is not terrible, but I have the option to stay in better places in the city for about the same money.

FOOD: breakfast is good; although repetitive and with few choices.

ROOM: Windsor King, Private Balcony (2nd Floor). This room compare with the previous one (Buckingham -3rd Fl.) still in the small size, but have a descent balcony with access from the exterior staircase. There is no doors to the sink and shower, only to the narrow toilet space. The bedding is worn and old and so are the towels. The bathroom grout needs to be changed as some segments are already black and the small cracks can be seen from the missing caulk. Now lets talk temperature… this is January and it is cool outside while the inn was a sauna; last time it was March still cool outside and we had to open the widow to be able to sleep in the third floor; this time the window will not open so we found ourselves opening the balcony door to let fresh air circulate before we can lay in bed, of course waking up sweaty. Adjusting the thermostat is useless.

BUILDING: a coat of fresh paint is much needed; the only ice machine is in the 3rd floor; and it is a historic old house so do no count on elevators or noiseless walking up/down the stairs. Consider you luggage weight if not staying in the first floor.

STAFF: the staff is OK, not rude but not extremely friendly or attentive to guest needs.

PARKING: if you are planning to move around on you own car, consider that the assigned parking is about 3 blocks away and no Valet. My advice, buy the trolley pass for the length of your stay (the green trolley).

Room Tip: Try the second floor with balcony to ensure easy access and scape from the high temperatures. The cl...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple