“Great place, great location!”
Review of Agustin Inn

Agustin Inn
Ranked #9 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 January 2009

I arrived at the Inn on Christmas Day and was greeted by Christian, the new Inn Keeper. Check-in was quick and I found the room to be very clean and comfortable. I stayed for five days and met many nice people in the dining area where I enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast together with other B&B guests. I am passionate about my coffee and they have a coffee station in the Parlor where you can get all the gourmet coffee you want. The Mystic Bean Coffee Company roasts and delivers very fresh “organic” grown beans to the Inn as they order it. The coffee is heavenly. The Inn is in a great location, the staff was friendly and helpful and there is also free parking! You owe it to yourself to stay at the Agustin Inn on your next visit to St. Augustine.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 July 2008

We stopped of in Saint Augustine on our roadtrip to the Keys and we were thrilled to have chosen the Agustin Inn.
The town of Saint Augustine is wonderfully picturesque, the Inn is situated right in the downtown area. The breakfasts were remarkable and beautiful to look at, but the best part was the friendliness of Andrea! She has the cutest accent!! Jeff and Andrea were warm and helpful hosts, she was so attentive telling us about the area and making suggestions on where to eat, visit and even shop.
Cookies and brandy awaited us along with very personal attention. The fireplace in the main floor was so welcoming even with the 85F outside. The bath is quite spacious by B&B standards too, our bed was comfortable.
We are already planning a return visit and would not dream of staying anywhere else!
Terry and Jean

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2008

Well we stayed at the Agustin Inn again this past June and once again we were blown away by their staff, we always feel like family =).. the garden has been changed a bit and is even more pleasant to sit and read or watch passers by... we stayed in the same room (the camelot) so there is nothing new to report there, breakfast was great as usual... as always we'd recommend the agustin inn to anyone looking for a great place to stay in St. Augustine...

Cheers

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2008

Well, we went for our anniversary during memorial day weekend and had a very romantic time. We ordered the anniversary package which was $200..... some odd dollars but was well worth it. When we arrived we found champagne and chocolate covered strawberries, tickets for a carriage ride, vouchers for a very nice restaraunt Collage, and an expected time frame for breakfast in bed. We stayed in the Nightingale and had no private balcony but were still able to access the other ones when we waited on each other to get ready each day or whatever so it wasn't a big deal at all. The noise was a complaint by other guests (music, dumpsters, ice machines) during the following mornings but we had no probs in our room. Theirs faced a bar that had music and such during the evenings. The room was very clean and very comfortable, this was our first bed and breakfast and it was a great experience. Wasn't too sure about eating with people but was not anything at all, everyone had the same akward feeling for the first 30 seconds. Our room had outside access so we didn't have to go throught the main entrance every time, as some of the others did. As far as location goes, if you want to be near all of the hustle and bustle of this quiant little town, this is the B&B to stay in, I saw no other that was as close and felt very satisfied during the weekend with the place we chose, once we saw the locations of the others around the town our place was deep in the heart. We never cranked up our car from Friday to Monday, never needed it! After walking around all day trust me you don't want to walk any further then you have to to get back to the room if you forget something or a change of clothes or a minute to rest. The Inn has a great little courtyard with fountains and fauna. The night life was great, shopping was great for the wife, the tours, scooters, food, people, history, and ambience just made this a well needed trip that turned out to be one of my favorite weekends with my wife.

One negative with the Inn was that there was no indoc. We didn't really know what to expect, there is no literature in the room that says they have social hour in the evenings or exactly what the breakfast policy was as far as timing in the mornings, it took us a couple of days to figure it out.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Agustin Inn in July 2007 for his birthday weekend. The inn itself is just beautiful. It's a 3 story, yellow and green establishment with wonderful porches.

We stayed in the Nottingham room because we wanted a private terrace. The room was small but had a lovely whirlpool tub. Our terrace however was just big enough for a table and two chairs. And it overlooked the trash. (that was it's only drawback)

The breakfast they served us the two days we were there was generously portioned and delicious. It was served at a grand table in the dining room and had lovely place settings. We ate with other guests in the hotel who were all very friendly. In the parlor area there was always cookies, juice and snacks to be found. And they served a wine and hor's d' overes in the afternoons. The staff there was wonderful and very friendly.

The location of this inn is a perfect one. Located just steps away from St George on Cuna street it is a perfect spot to be accessable to all that historic St Augustine has to offer. It is also down the street from the Fort.

You cannot park near the inn but are given a parking pass to park in a lot a few blocks away. You can however park in front of the Inn (since it's at the end of the street) to check in and bring in your bags.

All-in-all I love this place and my husband and I are returning for our 1 year anniversary for a romantic weekend.

Stayed: July 2007
Reviewed 16 December 2007

The Agustin Inn was OK, but I wouldn't stay there again. The house is beautiful, and our room was nice, but the whole place was just a little TOO cozy for me. We stayed in the room right off of the dining room and entrance because it says it has it's own entrance off of the porch. Well, anybody that comes into the dining/sitting area for coffee, cookies, brandy etc in the night, you can hear every step and talking. The bed was too soft for me. It wasn't the most quiet place I've stayed either. Not the fault of the B&B, but every drunk group that wants to talk and laugh down Cuna Street, you can hear. The bar next door had music past 11:00pm that we could hear as well. The breakfast was good, but I guess I just don't like eating that closely with total strangers anymore. I think my B&B days must be over in my old age. I like a little more independence and anonymity of a much larger inn or hotel. If you like a B&B, you'd probably love the Agustin. I can't think of many other REAL negatives other than what I mentioned.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2007

First off, the location was incredible, just steps to St. George Street. An easy walk to bars, restaurants and the bay. The staff was very helpful and cattered to our every request. Breakfast was very good and the cookies in the "parlor" were quite yummy. We stayed in the Windsor room two nights for my husband's birthday. The room was small, but we wanted a two person tub at a cheaper rate, so we were quite pleased with what we got. There was no odor in the room, and I am very sensitive to that sort of thing. The only negitive was the music next door. Luckily the bar that played the music closes at night, so the only problem was in the afternoon, not the Inn's fault but know this if you like quiet in the afternoon.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple