“Southern rains unfortunately”
Review of Southern Wind Inn

Southern Wind Inn
Ranked #23 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This wooden B&B situated on Cordove street is central for Uptown, Downtown ,the fort, shops and harbour. On arrival Scott gave us a choice of rooms, all were of a similar size and furnished in accordance with this type of property.
The room was on the small side and there was a lack of surface area but comfortable. The bathroom had a shower over the bath which had great water pressure.
Parking is down a narrow lane to the rear of the property which itself could do with a bit of T.L.C but mostly cosmetic.
Breakfasts were of a good standard with fresh fruit , excellent homemade main, muffins, cake, coffee and juice.
Note There is a fridge for the use of guests outside on the veranda.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eltel432016

Reviewed 24 June 2012

My sister and I booked a room at this B&B because it was affordable & would accept a single night weekend reservation. We are both historic home owners and prefer staying in historic buildings when traveling. If you are the same, you will want to reserve a room elsewhere. We stayed in the Pullman room. I cant imagine inn keepers having broken furniture or accessories in the room, but it did. Of the 4 poster bed, 2 of the posts were broken and barely hanging on. The mirror in the restroom was being held up by screws in the walls with tape on the broken frame. There was rotted molding in the bathroom which contained a fiberglass, corner stall shower and a toilet not securely fastened to the floor. The room is only accessible from the outside drive way. Have your umbrella handy as there are no gutters on this side of the building and we got drenched simply trying to get into the room. Knowing & loving historical places the way we do, we expect things to be old and appreciate their character. This property has not been renovated with an eye for preservation. A fresh coat of paint on the trim work & removal of all the cheap/broken furniture, etc. would go a long way. The benefit to this property is the location. We were just a five minute walk to the fort & the trolley depot.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BarbaraH7399
Reviewed 16 June 2012

This bed and breakfast offers exactly what they advertise! The rooms were clean, neat and comfortable. Of course being close to everything you don't spend that much time in the room. Walking distance to shops, dining and historical sights. Love hearing the horse trot by right infront of this b&b. I recommend this establishment!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 11 June 2012

If you want to be steps from historic St. Augustine, this is the place. Great location...can walk to all the shops, fabulous restaurants (the famous "Floridian Restaurant" several steps away). Beautiful older home, full of warmth and charm. Great front porch for reading, relaxing and watching the world go by! Convenient parking lot right in back of house, too!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This was a nice place to stay and within walking distance of historic downtown St. Augustine. We had an upstairs patio which was a great place to sit and relax with a glass of wine. We enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again.

Breakfast is @ 0900, so you will be getting a late start in the mornings if you choose to eat at the Southern Wind Inn. The TV is tiny but we weren't there to watch TV so it didn't matter to us. The step up into the tub/shower in the Veranda Room was a bit tall so if you have limited physical mobility you may have some difficulty getting in or out.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We spent one night in the Southern Wind. I tend to agree with some of the other reviews. There are so many other B and B's in town that are better. Choose one other than this one.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My husband and I just stayed there this past Memorial day weekend. We arrived around noon on Sunday, and they let us parked our car in their parking while our room was getting ready, we went to walk around the town, since check in was at 3p.m. Overall we liked the place, old but well maintained, very nice location, I wouldn't mind staying there again; the only issue was that on Sunday aorung 8:24 p.m., I was not feeling well and wanted to have some hot tea( which I had brought with me) I only needed water, I asked Scott for some water, and his response was "Well that is something that we don't offer at this time, I'm actually off the clock, I'm about to have dinner"; I even asked if there was a microwave that I could use myself to just warm up some water, and he said no. I mean I wasn't asking for him to serve me a three course meal or anything like that, was "just hot water".

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple