My husband and I decided to try a B&B for the first time when going to St. Augustine for a couple of days. I'm so glad we picked the Saragossa Inn. As many have said the location is ideal if you are looking to be close (walking distance) to town but away from the hustle and bustle (and noise). Our room (Southwind) was very nice and clean. It was pretty spacious but I believe it is one of the more spacious rooms. There rooms are very private - everyone has their own entrance, outdoor space and off street parking; which is great.
Some of the reviews I read were complaining that the rooms weren't cleaned daily. I actually had no problem with this. They explained at check-in that this is for our privacy and Gibbs and his staff are more than willing to do it if you ask them.
Brunch (at 9:30 or 10:30) was OUTSTANDING! Ask Gibbs to make biscuits - best I've ever had.
We had a great time and we will definitely stay again when we return to St. Augustine. Thanks all for very nice stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- began life as a 1924 Sears Craftsman Bungalow that has expanded over the passage of time and now houses two guest suites and four guest rooms, all with private entrances and private baths. The layout of the Saragossa will allow you all the privacy you want, yet is small enough for you to receive all the attention you need. The Saragossa is rustic and romantic, quaint and comfortable, relaxing and revitalizing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Saragossa Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saragossa Hotel Saint Augustine
- The Saragossa Inn B&B St. Augustine, Florida