Gibbs at the Saragossa was a pleasure to work with and the accommodations were lovely. We had originally booked for a Saturday night stay in Southwind, but later called to extend to Friday night as well. No problem. We were running late on Friday and called to confirm we were still coming but that we didn't expect to get in until 11 or 12 at night. Gibbs told us he would have our room unlocked with they key left inside. It was so nice to drive up, unload and walk right to our room after a long drive to get there. He let us know our brunch time was 9:30. I explained to Gibbs that my husband was just diagnosed as diabetic the Monday prior and asked what a typical breakfast included because I knew my husband would be very sad to find a carb heavy meal. Not a problem. Gibbs explained some if the menu items he was planning and how he could adapt them for my husband. Yay!! I'm so glad it occurred to me to ask! Our second brunch was capped off with a peach cobbler (one of my husband's favorite desserts) and he was resigned to not getting to enjoy any when Gibbs told us he had made one for him with Stevia. I tried it against my regular cobbler and it was just as good! Happy husband!
The room was beautiful, the bed was super squishy from a memory foam (or similar) top. We could hear the murmur of neighbors in nearby rooms when we were in the entryway and the bathroom but not obtrusively. We couldn't hear any voices when sleeping. The room was clean and cozy. The only thing I'd change is to have hangers that can be removed from the closet.
The location was great. We walked everywhere from the B&B. The Lightner Museum, the fort, the shops, Flagler College, all within easy walking distance.
Can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- began life as a 1924 Sears Craftsman Bungalow that has expanded over the passage of time and now houses two guest suites and four guest rooms, all with private entrances and private baths. The layout of the Saragossa will allow you all the privacy you want, yet is small enough for you to receive all the attention you need. The Saragossa is rustic and romantic, quaint and comfortable, relaxing and revitalizing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Saragossa Inn B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Saragossa Hotel Saint Augustine
- The Saragossa Inn B&B St. Augustine, Florida