It’s hard for me to rate this inn because there are some things I liked, and some that I didn’t. On the plus side, the ambiance outside is great – a large patio full of flowering plants and trees, a vine-covered pergola, tables and rocking chairs for lounging. And they serve an excellent breakfast, with each meal (the same meal for everyone) made after you’re seated. The room was OK. But it was freezing, because I had no control over the AC in my own room. The thermostat was in the room next door, controlling five rooms in the building. The manager said it was set at 71 degrees. When I asked him to turn it up to 75 he balked, saying he could only turn it up a degree or two. That made for an uncomfortable stay. Also on the negative side, there is no on-site parking. You drop your belongings off in a loading zone, drive around a maze of one-way streets to a parking lot four blocks away – and walk back. But the most annoying thing was that the office was closed from 8 p.m. to about 7 a.m. I guess I’m spoiled, but when I stay at a B&B I like to have coffee available if I happen to get up at 5 a.m. Other B&Bs I’ve stayed at have someone in the office (or kitchen) all night and coffee always is available. Not here. And I couldn’t just jump in my car to look for an all-night diner. It seems to me if you’re going to lock up overnight, the least you could do is have coffee-makers in the rooms. I don’t expect to stay here again until some changes have been made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa de Solana Bed & Breakfast is where old world charm meets modern amenities and where epic romance begins!Casa de Solana Bed & Breakfast takes its name from the original owner, Don Manuel Lorenzo Solana, a member of one of the city's first Spanish families. Today, Casa de Solana is a 10-room, full-service St. Augustine B&B. You'll often be greeted by the smell of something fabulous going on in the kitchen. The dining room presents with gorgeous dark wood floors, intimate seating, and elegant place settings, and each room has been uniquely decorated by the owners. Guests and passer-byers alike love the seasonally manicured courtyard with jasmine gone wild and an impressive collection of romantic cherub statuary, making it the perfect wedding venue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Solana Hotel Saint Augustine
- Casa De Solana Bed And Breakfast St. Augustine, Florida