“Wonderful Romantic Christmas Vacation!”

Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Savannah, Georgia
“Wonderful Romantic Christmas Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I usually don't write reviews, but I just have to rave about my stay at Casa de Solana over Christmas. I surprised my fiancé with the Chocolate Lovers and Roses package, and it was exceptional... Champagne, chocolate cake, chocolate dipped strawberries, and chocolate covered chocolate chip cookies... Decadent and delicious!

We stayed in the Cielo Room, and it was lovely, cozy, and perfect for two. We spent our nights sipping champagne on our private balcony. And, I highly recommend making use of the jacuzzi bathtub, which was incredibly relaxing.

Casa de Solana is a beautiful B&B inside and out... The staff is friendly, and the ambiance is charming and peaceful.

We couldn't have picked a better city, and place to stay for Christmas. I can't wait to go back because this definitely a holiday vacation to remember.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lauren62984
CasadeSolana, Manager at Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
We're so happy to have hosted you and your fiancé for a cozy Christmas holiday. What a lovely surprise you planned! I'm glad to hear that our Chocolate Lovers and Roses package was the perfect addition to your visit! (It's hard to go wrong when chocolate's involved, right?)

A big thank you for choosing Casa and also for taking the time to write a fantastic review. We look forward to seeing you both the next time you make it back to St. Augustine. Until then, wishing you all the best in your engagement!

Warm regards,
Jeff, Innkeeper

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

I got married over the weekend and was lucky enough that I found Casa de Solana for my special day. The courtyard and the buildings were beautiful, I had my wedding in the courtyard and everything was set up, all i had to do was show up, which is a great relief to a stressed out bride. I have worked in hotels for years, chain hotels, and I have always noticed how pushy sometimes they can be. However Casa de Solana was able to do so much for me and my husband, and make our stay feel so personal, while still remaining at a distance and giving us our privacy during our stay, there's a real art to that, and that's an area I feel most places come up short in. We stayed in the Montejurra room, which was just beautiful, comfortable bed, sitting area, large balcony and large bathtub, I did not want to leave! We had an in room massage which was great, and a carriage ride around the town which is just beautiful this time of year. The breakfast in bed was delicious, the pesto and basil omelettes were SO good, and I thought the makeup cleansing clothes in the bathroom was such a great touch, especially after a wedding. this is

Special Thank you to Jeff and the ladies for an amazing stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CasadeSolana, Manager at Casa de Solana Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
We're so glad that we were able to deliver a seamless wedding day for you and your lovely husband, Hillary. Thank you for the sweet review! We do our best to balance between those personal touches and giving couples enough space to keep the focus on what's most important — each other. It's great to hear that we're doing just that!

I wish you both all of the newlywed bliss that comes in the first months of marriage. Come back and see us whenever you feel nostalgic and are ready to relive your special day. Congratulations!

All the best,
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was the first time my wife and I stayed at a B&B. We had a little trouble finding the place but we called and they were able to direct us in.
The room was nice but it was cool in the evening (November) and the fireplace was not turned on yet for the season. My wife had a chill so I went to ask the front desk. They gave me a warm blanket which helped.
The location is great. According to the tour guides it's on the oldest street in St Augustine. There are a couple of nice restaurants just up the block and we were able to walk to most of the attractions, shops ad restaurants.
The staff was very friendly and the breakfast tasty.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
I'm glad that you and your wife were able to enjoy your stay in St. Augustine with us. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I'll be sure to pass your kudos along to the chef and staff. They'll appreciate it very much!

Thanks also for being so understanding with the chilly weather. Our staff is always happy to do whatever they can to make sure our guests are as comfortable as possible. I hope the two of you will come back and visit us again one day. Until then, I hope you are both warm and well in Pennsylvania.

Best regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed in the British suite for two nights and had the third night for free! The staff is so friendly and attentive to your stay being the best with their service, breakfast, wine n cheese, suggestions and accommodations. We will return again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Boei V
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for taking the time leave us a stellar review. I'll be sure to pass the positive feedback along to our staff. We really appreciate that and look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Warm regards,
Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

The wife and I stayed here for two night and it was awesome. Didn't feel any "ghost energy", but Im not a crazy person so maybe thats why. It was beautiful(as a bonus the place is 250 years old), and walking distance to anywhere in town. I definitely recommend the 5 oclock wine and cheese hour where you can meet fellow guests, we met two other couples and ended hanging out with them till 2 in the morning.
As a side note, they offer discounts to repeat guests, something we will be taking advantage of.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go to St. Augustine celebrate our 34th anniversary, stay at the B&B
Call Casa de Solana , room we stayed in was Minorcan, it was a nice room we had a queen bed with a small living room With a TV. The breakfast we had was real nice with a nice little dining area, The innkeeper and cook were real nice and pleasant. Was a nice place to stay. Would I go back , Yes

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

I was really excited to stay here. It's right in the middle of everything. AND it was supposedly haunted. (It's not. I'm sensitive and did not feel a thing in the B&B) It was going to be a fantastic weekend for my husband and I.

It was.The breakfasts were fantastic! The staff was great! If you can get Kelly booked for a massage, do it. Just a great location and a great experience, and relatively inexpensive.

We stayed in the Minorcan Suite. Had 2 rooms, and a private entrance. It was just perfect.

If you like quaint, old world charm, this place is for you.

Room Tip: It's old. The floors creek. If you don't want much of a creek, book an upper level room. Kno...