“SO AMAZED!!!!”

Ranked #4 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“SO AMAZED!!!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I have been to at least 5 B&B's in St Augustine & the Inn on Charlotte is BY FAR the BEST!!!! I honestly can't say enough how much I loved it! So clean & beautiful & everyone that works there as well as the owner were so friendly! I personally love B&B's but my husband wasn't completely convinced he liked hotels... that was until we stayed here. The bed was so comfortable I don't think I moved a muscle all night (and I usually toss & turn), the sheets were luxurious. We stayed in Mary Lily's suite & it was gorgeous & cozy. The breakfast was fantastic, my husband was so impressed & he the chef of a fine dining restaurant :)

We had come for the vow renewal ceremony at Ripleys in February & we are dying to come back as soon as possible, I want to try all of the rooms ;) I will never stay anywhere else now that I have found this jewel! Not to mention the perfect location! Smack in the middle of everything!

Sunnie & Tony :)

Room Tip: The Mary Lily is beautiful & cozy :) but they all looked amazing
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 12 May 2012
Thank you, Sunnie, for the review. It's always good to hear a B&B conversion story; especially coming from a chef like your husband. That's saying a lot. We remember our conversion to B&Bs as if it were yesterday, all those 20 something years ago. (We wrote about it on our News From The Inn blog last year.) We can't wait to see you again.

Yours, Rod, Rae Ann, Ann and Jerry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Rodney was greatest. The location can't be beat, the inn was so charming and tastefully done, and the breakfast is worth a thousand words!! I can't thank the whole staff for the hospitality enough. I will definiately return.

• Stayed April 2012
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Just what an Innkeeper wants to hear. Thank you; and we hope to see you again very soon.

Paris
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We pick this B&B accidentaly, owners are very charming and make us confortable after a long day of driving. Nice to find a quiet place in the city of Saint Augustine which is charming but busy.
Location is great, you could walk easily to all the main interests of the city.
We stayed in the studio on ground floor (I would prefer to stay upstairs with the balcony) but only the studio left, warm atmosphere, jacuzzi and big shower.
I would say it is a little bit expensive for a backyard and parking lot views (should keep all curtains closed all time) and a flat screens would be apreciable.
Nice home made breakfast.
I think this is the perfect stay for a week end, having more time to stay in the parlor or on the porch.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
Thank you. We were happy we were able to accommodate you at the last minute, St Augustine is in high-season and fills-up fast on weekends. Luck, that room had recently become available.

Your room, the Tiffany Studio, is one of our most popular rooms with the plush king-size pillow-top bed, and 2-person spa tub... perfect for romantic get-a-ways. (AND!!! This week we added a little elec. fireplace to set the perfect mood.)

We hope you get a chance to visits the US again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My partner and I have stayed in many, many B&B's over the years. Some experiences were good - some not so much so. The Inn on Charlotte, however was perfect from the moment we checked in and each staff member made quite an impression. Anne checked us in upon arrival and was warm, welcoming and made us truly feel at home. Raye Anne served breakfast the next morning and provided directions to the beach. The owners Rodney and Jerry could not be more pleasant and genuine. We stayed in the Anne Marcotte Room which is in the carriage house behind the main building - it was great. A nice, private space where you feel you have your own little hideaway. We had access to the common areas in the main house where complimentary lemonade and iced tea was available. The Inn itself is stunning. In fact as we sat out on the front porch passers by would just stop and take the view in. The location cannot be beat. Smack in the middle of town, right near plenty of restaurants and only a block from the water. Breakfast was spectacular. It has been a few weeks now since our trip and I still think about how delicious the poached pear with almond cream was. We missed breakfast one morning as sleep was more important and I still regret it! We had never been to St Augustine before and quite honestly its worth making the trip just to stay at the Inn on Charlotte. We know where we will be staying next time and are looking forward to it already. I can't understand why this isn't yet the #1 B&B on Trip Advisor in St. Augustine. In my opinion, the Inn on Charlotte is simply top notch - you can't do better and believe me I'm a tough customer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words, I'm confidant this will help other couples choose the inn right for them. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Staying at the Inn on Charlotte reminded me of long ago visits to my grandmother's home. From the outside it doesn't look like much, just a plain-faced brick building, solid and homely, a little time worn. But there is a wide welcoming front porch that leads you into a large hallway and comfortable parlor with cozy overstuffed couches, and turn of the century furniture that fit the house's unpretentious exterior. It feels totally warm and welcoming, and so are owners Rodney, Jerry, and their wonderful staff -- they are all very open, friendly, and helpful -- genuinely nice people who clearly enjoy getting to know their guests. During our three night stay we felt like we were visiting with family -- the Inn on Carriage is definitely the friendliest B&B we have discovered. We stayed in Diamond Lil's, a charming room, small but with an nice oversize bathroom with a large jetted tub The bed was a lovely four poster with a comfortable mattress and quality linens, and the room and bathroom were spotlessly clean. No ghosts while we were there! Loved curling up on the porch with a glass of wine and chatting with the other guests during happy hours, and breakfasts were delicious -- served at nine, a little late for us but St. Augustine doesn't wake up until after 10 a.m. so we relaxed and went with the flow. The location is better than perfect, in the heart of downtown, but it still feels private and off the beaten path, and we were able to walk everywhere. And, for those inclined the rear entrance to the Tini Martini Bar in just steps across the street. Perfect vacation, wish we could have stayed longer -- we'll be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue C
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you, for such kind words and such detailed review. Where do I begin?
We have no doubt that this will helpful to other travelers and yes, we love the front porch too. Especially with such beautiful weather you had during your visit. We look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 April 2012

The Inn on Charlotte was perfect. Rodney and his staff are absolutely top notch. Breakfast was amazing. The room was perfect(we stayed in the Mary Lily Room) Coffee was fantastic, and the chocolate chip cookies, oh my! So yummy. I felt like I was at home from the moment I got there. It was great to meet the other patrons at the cocktail hour and hear their stories :)

Another thing that was great was the location. It was right in the heart of historic St. Augustine. We parked in our assigned parking spot and we walked everywhere, which was great. I am definitely going to make it back again!

My mom and I had the perfect first time B&B experience at the Inn on Charlotte. It's going to be hard to top!

Room Tip: The Mary Lily Room was great!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for the kind words. it was a pleasure meeting and hosting you, and your mother. We are happy you enjoyed your girls-get-away and can't wait to see you again.

And you will be happy to hear we are about to switch over from winter's apple-cider syrup to a citrus-glaze (or, Sunshine Syrup as I call it - yum!) served atop Sunday's Belgium Waffles.

Waxahachie, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Inn on Charlotte during a five night stay in St. Augustine. We stayed in the Marjorie Rawlings Room. The innkeeper is so personable as well as the staff. They all aim to please! Absolutely fantastic breakfasts (recipes are shared), fresh baked cookies, beautiful surroundings. Even though our room was a little small, the furnishings (especially the two person jacuzzi) were first class. The location could not have been better. We walked to everything! St. Augustine is a neat city and the Inn on Charlotte would be a great place for anyone who enjoys the finer things in life!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your long stay and the Inn on Charlotte and we hope to see you again next year. Let us know how your breakfast dish comes out.