My husband and I just returned from our third annual getaway with our group of friends to the Inn on Charlotte. Coming back to this Inn every year feels like going home and we are welcomed like family. From the moment you walk in the door and are greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies and delicious cold citrus water, you just know it's going to be a great getaway. We stayed in the same room this time as we did last year - "The Audobon" and it is just the most lovely room. It's bright and sunny during the day, very spacious and the best part is that it's just one of a couple of rooms that just had the bathroom renovated. It has a spacious, bright bathroom and a huge step in shower with several choices of shower heads. The king size bed in this room is so comfortable that you never want to get out of it, but the fun of the day ahead always makes you want to get up and get going. Rodney will send you off on your day with such a delicious breakfast. The first morning we enjoyed a cold peach soup, followed by a fabulous frittata, homemade blueberry bread and endless hot coffee and juice. Sunday's breakfast consisted of Rodney's famous Belgian Waffles, sausage, and sliced bananas which followed his poached pears with vanilla sauce.
This Inn is centrally located right in the middle of all the action. If you want shopping, endless choices of restaurants or a walk to one of the many historical venues, you are just feet away. You can park your car when you arrive and forget about it until the day you leave. After a great day of being out and about in the town, you can come back and enjoy sitting on the front porch with all the guests and enjoy a nice glass of wine which is offered at 5:00 (unless you can coerce the staff that it is 5:00 somewhere).
Every room in this Inn, and I believe there is 8 of them, are beautifully decorated and so welcoming. This year, our group was joined once again by a couple that we met at the Inn during our visit last year. We all hit it off so well that we decided to have a little reunion this year. So we even made new friends here. Rodney and Gerald and their staff will bend over backwards to help direct you to things you may like to do and will recommend things going on around town that you may not be aware of.
So thank you once again to Gerald and Rodney for you outstanding hospitality and warmth. You know we will be back same time next year, if not before. Those of you looking for a perfect spot to lay your head when visiting St. Augustine can look no further than the Inn on Charlotte.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- !! Summer Rates In Effect!! A Saint Augustine Adults Only Inn and ranked in the Top 5 because of our breakfasts and the Inn's great location. It was built in 1918 so she is an elegant Edwardian bed and breakfast in the heart of the nation's oldest city. We are just steps from the bay front on a brick-lined street. The home has been lovingly restored to reflect its original grandeur and is carefully decorated with antique furnishings and accessories. As a bed and breakfast since 1993, the Inn on Charlotte has become known for its Southern hospitality which, of course, means relaxation and comfort for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Inn On Charlotte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On Charlotte Hotel Saint Augustine
- Inn On Charlotte St. Augustine, Florida