“Wonderful Birthday for my Wife”
Review of Inn On Charlotte

Inn On Charlotte
Ranked #4 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We have stayed at the Inn on Charlotte many times and have enjoyed it every time. Lynne is a great host!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 June 2010

The Inn on Charlotte is a nice little place, and Lynne, the owner, goes out of her way to make the stay enjoyable. She makes wonderful breakfasts and homemade treats in the afternoon. Wine is available in the afternoon, and lemonade and iced tea are available all day long. Breakfast is served at 9:15, but we had to check out early on our last day, so she accommodated us by serving us at 8:30. Since we were traveling by motorcycle, she also allowed us to park in the back of the hotel instead of at the pay lot a block away.

The front porch and balcony are equipped with fans, which makes sitting outdoors on a hot, humid day bearable. There were only two problems. First, our room (the Haven) was very tiny. Since we were on a three-week trip, we had lots of luggage. That was no doubt my own fault in booking a cheaper room. I assume there are larger rooms available. Second, there's a lot of noise that woke us at all hours of the night (garbage truck, music and people from the restaurant across the street, etc.).

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I cannot say enough great things about the Inn on Charlotte. My husband and I visited St. Augustine this last weekend and stayed at the Inn for 3 nights. What a pleaure it is to stay there! The room, food, and service was awesome and the attention to detail is great! Lynne (the Inn owner) is so sweet and a great cook! Rayanne (I believe her title is Inn Keeper) is also so sweet and makes sure you have everything you need! It's amazing how things get taken care of there in such a fast and efficient manner and it never interferes with what you are doing. For example, we had breakfast, ran upstairs to grab a few things before going out to walk around town and by the time we came back down again all of the tables from breakfast were cleaned and set again for the next day. By the time we got back from our walk (just a couple hours), our room had been cleaned and it was immaculate. Another example is I LOVED the sausage blueberry crumble that they made on the first day we were there--I mentioned that to Rayanne and she made sure that I had the recipe before we left- she even typed it up for me!
The Inn is in a perfect location, everything you could ever want to do in downtown is in walking distance and there are even fun little restaurants, shops, and bars on the same street (just feet away!). We will definitely stay at the Inn on Charlotte again and we also tell all of our friends who are looking for a fun & romantic getwaway about the Inn!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

What a nice Bed & Breakfast! Very nice, clean and the food was great!! This is one we will definetly come back to when staying in St. Augustine!!!

Reviewed 27 April 2010

My husband and I enjoyed our night stay at the Inn on Charlotte. The staff was very welcoming, the breakfast delicious, and the room small but beautiful and comfortable. It was very relaxing drinking a glass of wine on the balcony and watching the people go by on the street below.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2010

The Inn On Charlotte is a joy. The location, in the historic section of St. Augustine, the charming and comfortable rooms, each with its own history and the hospitality of our innkeeper, Lynne Fairfield made this a perfect weekend. And I haven't even mentioned delicious breakfasts and the afternoon refreshments complete with Cheddar Pennies. They, alone , are worth the trip.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank 200akerwood
Reviewed 18 April 2010

My fiance and I just got back from a stay in St Augustine. I proposed during our trip. We stayed two nights at the Inn on Charlotte. My brother and his wife had a previous experience with a B&B in St Augustine and had nothing good to say about them. Inn on Charlotte proved to be a wonderful choice for my fiance and I during our trip to st augustine. The staff was very friendly. The room was very cozy, private and relaxing. Breakfast was superb. We were even pleasantly surprised when we slept in late and they still had breakfast ready and waiting for us.

We also were very entertained by the journals of past guests in the room, sorry we didn't have a pen to write in our own story, maybe the next trip we'll do that.

We thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzi bathtub..... :) Got us thinking about remodeling the bathroom in our house. :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple