“The best anniversary trip ever!”
Review of Inn On Charlotte

Inn On Charlotte
Ranked #3 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 August 2010

My husband and I were given a two night stay at the Inn on Charlotte for our 28th anniversary from our children. This was our first experience at a B&B so we were a little leary about staying in "someone's house" that we didn't know. But I have to say, it was pretty close to perfect as we coudl have asked for. The atmosphere of the house fits perfectly with the history of the city of St Augustine. Staying in a Hilton would not have been the same. The staff were absolutely wonderful...full of ideas and suggestions for first time visitors like us. The breakfasts were awesome, purely gormet. My husband and I had a great time and since coming back home, we've caught ourselves saying "next time we go to St Auguistine..." so yes, we will mose certainly be back! and we will return to the Inn on Charlotte because how do you improve perfection?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 19 August 2010

My husband and I spent 4 days at the Inn and we could not have had a better experience. Anyone who wants to have a nice, romantic getaway should definitely consider staying at the Inn on Charlotte. The location is great and the breakfast each morning is INCREDIBLE! Lynn was great and recommended some wonderful restaurants. We also got a free sunset cruise which was a wonderful plus!

Reviewed 17 August 2010

The stay at the Inn on Charlotte Street was a wonderful experience, and I would recommend it to any couple, whether it's for a special event or a simple weekend getaway.

The staff was fantastic, the breakfast delicious and the amenities all that you could ask for. We would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed 10 August 2010

I just had the best weekend get-away in St. Augustine, and the Inn on Charlotte was one of the main reasons. First of all, Lynn (the owner) was an absolute pleasure to meet. She is an extremely friendly and accommodating person. It truly felt like we were staying at a friend's home. The bed was plush and very comfortable. My girlfriend (who became my fiance on this trip) was in love with the Inn. The breakfast was outstanding! I later found out that Lynn has a background in cooking (as I suspected). My only regret is that we were only able to spend one night. St. Augustine has become a special place for us, and we can't wait to stay at the Inn on Charlotte again.

Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed here as a weekend getaway. The inn is charming. It was decorated very nicely and very clean. The innkeeper was great and very helpful. We had the Marjorie Rawlings bungalow which was very private. it was not part of the main house, but had it own private porch were we sat outside for late night chats. The location was great, we walked everywhere and came back to the room for little air conditioning breaks. THe parlor was a nice place to relax and meet others. This was my first time at a a bed and breakfast and its definitely the way to go in a place like St. Augustine. Make sure to eat at The Tasting Room-absolutely delicious.
-Marla & Eric

Reviewed 14 July 2010

This was our 1st time at a B&B so we didnt really know what to expect. Have visited St Augustine many times, and am dissapointed we never stayed in a B&B until now! :) The Inn on Charlotte is in a wonderful location and within walking distance to many restaurants, shops etc. The home itself was beautifully decorated and we enjoyed the "Mary Lily" suite. The large jacuzzi tub & hot cookies were the perfect end to a tiring day! The bed was a little to firm for my taste, but my husband liked it. Very clean, charming and friendly. Didnt really see/meet the inn keeper.... but the breakfast was delish! The only complaint I had, was this was the 4th of July weekend... so there were bright lights from the alley/our window shining in all night and very noisy. Not the Inn's fault.... and didnt bother me too much... Would reccomend the Inn on Charlotte/Mary Lily suite if you are undecided on a B&B in St Augustine... lovely!
Dont miss-The Columbia Restaurat and a tour of Flagler College ;)

Reviewed 14 July 2010

My husband and I keep things leisurely and simple. We come to enjoy the B&B and the town so the Inn on Charlotte is representative of what St. Augustine is all about. It is within walking distance to restaurants, museums, sightseeing, shops and is one of the most beautiful inns. (the gourmet breakfast is absolutely delicious too!) Be sure to dine at The Tasting Room, the food is exquisite and fresh; the service top notch with the restaurants success going to the hands on owner Michael (be sure to say hello). And bike rentals go to the Local Bird Bikes. The bikes are kept in new condition and delivered right to you! Stick with these and your vacation will be one of your best!