“The perfect couple retreat.”
Review of Inn On Charlotte

Inn On Charlotte
Ranked #4 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“The perfect couple retreat.”
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend to celebrate her birthday. I picked the Inn on Charlotte because of all the good things I had heard about. It lived up to all my expectations. The Inn was beautiful. The Innkeepers were great. Our room was very cozy and private. The Inn is also very close to everything, and Rodneys breakfast was absolutely wonderful. I would highly recommend this Inn to anybody staying in St.Augustine.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 22 January 2011
We are delighted to hear that we lived up to your expectations, this is what we strive for each day. Breakfast is a special time at The Inn On Charlotte and comments like yours lets us know we continue to keep the bar very high. Please come back to visit with us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2011

I like to continuously try new places and don't always return to places I've stayed (even when I really like them), but this was my second time at the Inn on Charlotte, and it won't be my last! They are under new ownership, and so often that means a noticable drop in service, and since I really enjoyed my first visit I wasn't expecting it to be even better but it was!

To start off, I emailed the innkeepers a question before booking, and I received a reply the next day, but when I went to book my room online the rates had increased. Since this was already an anniversary splurge I just couldn't up my budget so I contacted the innkeeper again to explain the situation. He graciously allowed me to book at the rate the room had been the day before which was much appreciated! (And the rate had taken effect automatically online for the holidays so I completely understood.)

On our first visit we stayed in the lower level of the carriage house which we really liked, but the upper room seemed even more private, and I had hoped to experience it on a return visit. Fortunately, it was available, and we LOVED the Anna Marcotte room!!! Somehow, it seemed larger than the lower level room, and we really loved the private balcony! The privacy fence on the balcony (which the new owners have added) is much appreciated and definitely adds more ambiance! We really enjoyed just sitting on the balcony and enjoying the music coming from the restaurant behind us. Also, the lower level has a jacuzzi tub which was nice, but the upper room has a great two person shower so it was a decent trade-off. It was decorated very nicely too, and the room was so clean. You could smell the clorox in the bathroom, and when you are staying in a hotel, etc. this is a very reassuring scent. And while the bed was quite squeaky we still had a great night's sleep.

I knew it would be a feat for breakfast to be as good as it was under the previous owners, but to my surprise it was just as delicious! (And this is a place well known for their wonderful breakfasts!) We also really liked the way they went from one big table in the dining room to several small tables. Sure, we ended up enjoying chatting with other guests on our first visit, but to be perfectly honest, I'm not really one for making small talk first thing in the morning so we liked this set up even better.

And when we were leaving one of the owners gave us some FL oranges to take home with us which we thought was a nice touch too! I also appreciated the new owners sincere enthusiasm! I'm not sure if they've already been in this line of work, but they are definitely well suited for it and "have found their calling" if this is their first foray as innkeepers!

The only (very minor) issue is partly my own fault... I asked my husband (instead of doing it myself : ) to ask about restaurant recommendations, and their employee just mentioned some restaurants. Being in the hospitality business myself I know that restaurants ususally have coupons, menus, etc. at hotels and inns, and the next morning I found a good many on the table in the entrance so I wish the employee would have been a little more forthcoming with additional info. Again, this is a very minor issue for such a wonderful place!

Also, you absolutely cannot beat the location, and the complimentary parking is a bonus as well.

So stop looking at start booking at the Inn on Charlotte!

1 Thank ACoolJeweledMoon
All of us at The Inn On Charlotte are so thankful for your review. Your comments "you absolutely cannot beat the location, and the complimentary parking is a bonus as well" and "So stop looking at start booking at the Inn on Charlotte!" makes us proud of our Inn and the experience we offer to each of our guests. Also, thank you for noticing our improvements as we continue to put our personal touch on The Inn On Charlotte. We know the third time will be a charm as well.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Just returned from an anniversary escape to the Inn on Charlotte. St. Augustine is a favorite and frequent getaway destination for us and we have stayed at quite a few of their local B&Bs. By far, I can honestly say that the Inn on Charlotte is the best B&B we have had the pleasure to visit.

The location can't be beat. The Inn on Charlotte is centrally located to shopping, historic landmarks, restaurants & shopping. We were able to "park it & forget it"--it was wonderful. The house itself is beautiful--charming curb appeal, with a lovely front courtyard and an inviting wide front porch. The entry way and common rooms downstairs exude warmth and welcome.

The two most notable mentions for me are the CLEANLINESS & COMFORT of the room & the inn overall. Everything was sparkling--from the windows (which you can really see out of very clearly), to the floors and the fixtures and moldings. Not a stray hair to be seen and no hint of unpleasant odor anywhere. It was amazing. The second thing I'm a stickler for is a comfortable bed--after all, you are paying to stay at a BED & breakfast, right? The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and I awoke feeling refreshed each morning.

Breakfast was delicious, striking the perfect balance between too much food and not enough food--the portions were just right. I felt satisfied but not stuffed.

Finally, the owners were charming and cordial hosts and were very accommodating to our needs. We will be back. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
It was nice meeting you two and we really enjoyed your company. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your St Augustine experiences and other interesting topics. Your comments about our cleanliness and comfort remind each of us of how important this is to each of our guests and are always at the top of our daily routines here at The Inn On Charlotte. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Odessa
Reviewed 4 January 2011

My self and my spouse drove up from Tampa to enjoy a 3 day getaway. The Inn was fantastic, wonderful breakfasts, excellent location ( right in the historical district) great hosts. We have stayed at B&Bs throughout the country and we would rank this right up there at the top. Have a fantastic stay.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
InnOnCharlotte, Owner at Inn On Charlotte, responded to this review, 5 January 2011
Thank you for ranking us at the top of your bed and breakfast experience, it means so much to all of us at The Inn On Charlotte. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 3 January 2011

Great room, great breakfast. Jerry and Ronald were excellent hosts.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
We are so happy to know you enjoyed the breakfast as well as your stay at The Inn On Charlotte. We elso enjoyed talking to you and hope to see you again soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We first stayed at the Inn on Charlotte last year and we loved it. But this year, with the new owner, Rodney, we really had a great time.

We stayed in the bungalow this time(in the back of the house) and will be staying there next time again. The bed was dreamy and the jacuzzi was a blast. My husband and I ended up hanging out in the Inn with the owner and in our room most of the night. Bed was like a cloud with the Egyptian sheets and the fireplace.

Do yourself a favour, don't even look at any other B&B...Inn on Charlotte has is ALL!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
We really appreciate your review, it means so much to us to know that our changes have made such a positive impact on your experience at the Inn On Charlotte. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to St Augustine and of course the Inn On Charlotte.
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 28 December 2010

Jerry and Rodney are the best! They made our first Chrismtas together so wonderful. I can't say enough about their hospitality style and genuine personalities. They shine through every homey touch they make for their guests. We never felt rushed or intrusive. The other guests were so friendly as well making breakfast time feel like we were all at grandma's house waiting for our meal togeither. It was great! Our accomodations were exquisite. Rodney offered to show us some of the suites. We peaked into the first floor accomodation and still WOW! It's elegant, refined yet homey. You're not afraid to sit on the furniture. In fact Jerry encourages it! Laughing all the time with guests and our hosts made this one of our most memorable times together. We will definitley return for another visit. We loved being right at St, Geroge St. and able to walk to any attraction. Parking's a premuim anywhere in St. Augustine so expect to bring only one car. No problem as they have you covered here as well. Thank you both for a wonderful time. I know this Inn will always be booked when others are not. It's because of Rodney and Jerry. Good Luck and see you in 2011!!!!!!! ;)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for this amazing review. Knowing that you enjoyed the Belgium waffles with home made praline sauce, the location and the changes we have made to the Inn On Charlotte makes this the best job on earth! We look foward to hosting you again in the near future.