“Fun Place”

Ranked #31 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Lutz, Florida
“Fun Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My husband & I stayed 2 nights in the carriage room. It was clean, comfortable & roomy. The jetted tub, especially, made for some nice relaxing after a day of "touring". The innkeeper, Bruce, was friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, accommodating and more than gracious! Castle Garden is a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I are fellow innkeepers, and went to St. Augustine to visit our daughter at Flagler. The inn is impeccably clean (and we are very particular!), comfortable, well appointed. Many pieces of great intrigue, never abandoning the history and era the home belonged to! Most important, the innkeeper was a fascinating story-teller, which is what travelers seek when they go to St. Augustine. Congratulations, Bruce, beautiful work, beautiful inn!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 7StrInnkeeper
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I had a reservation to stay one night at this establishment. When we showed up Bruce told us that we didn't have a reservation. After my husband pulled up our reservation online and showed him that we did have a reservation, Bruce told him "too bad we are booked". He said that they don't make reservations for 1 night. We drove quite a distance to find out that we didn't have a room! Bruce was extremely rude to my husband and didn't even offer to help us find another place to stay! We travel quite a lot and have never ever had anyone treat us as rudely as Bruce. We will NEVER recommend this place to anyone and of course will never stay here ourselves! BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 Thank Angie P
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé (now wife) And I stayed here for 2 nights (well 2 for her and 1 for me.). It's a nice and quiet place. The room we stayed in was kinda small, but we where in there long enough to sleep, so we didn't mind... Bruce is a really cool person who can cook some awesome French toast! I know for sure we will be back!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diontae
Safety Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at the Castle Garden B & B last week. It was a last minute decision and it turned out better than I had expected. Bruce, the Innkeeper , greeted us and gave us a little background on the property and showed us around. We went exploring throughout the cobblestone streets of St Augustine which are literally steps from your door. As a rule, I stay in hotels but this has changed my mind on B & B's. The bed was very comfortable and we both got a great nights" sleep and the breakfast was very good. Bruce makes a very delicious pancake(s) unlike any i have ever had. I recommend this property!

St. Marys, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

It was a nice stay, peaceful, close to everything, the bed was loose, best pancakes ever!!!! Bruce was an excellent host. Will get first floor next time! very quiet, oh and the french toast were quite tasty!!!

Titusville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

My daughter and son-in-law rented me a room to stay for their wedding. I was not impressed with this place at all. I ended up in a room with no bathroom, I had to share with the rest of the floor. There was no separate A/C unit in my room and the owner would not turn down the air. The bedroom door only had a doorknob lock without a deadbolt or any other lock and it made me fell very unsafe. The owner did not help me with my bags up to my room and the stairs are very steep and kind of rickety, with me having a very bad back his help would have been much appreciated but neither him nor his nephew bothered offering help or helping. He sat at the dinning room table telling my daughter (who was getting ready to be married within the hour) that getting married was a mistake, his ex wife took him for everything he had. He is a very bitter and angry little man. The dining room was cluttered and dirty. They do not allow use of the microwave or access to the kitchen. They lock up the sitting room at night and you cannot get in until they decide to wake up for the day. Breakfast was said to be served at 8 am, I could not get a cup of coffee until about 9 am. I am an early riser and it aggravated me that I could not get a cup of coffee. The pics are false advertising, the rooms and the house are not that nice looking and the SO CALLED GARDEN was a mess. Ladders everywhere mismatched chairs, no covered area for smokers. And no PARKING!!! Overall I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family