“St. Augustine Adventure”

Ranked #52 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Hobe Sound, FL
“St. Augustine Adventure”
Reviewed 8 June 2010

I stayed for the first time at the Anastasia Inn with my husband and cousin. The room rate was very reasonable and we were pleasantly surprised upon arrival at how nice the room was. There were two queen beds and a small kitchen area with refrigerator and microwave. The room also had wifi. The room was nicely decorated and clean. There was also a small continental breakfast with muffins, bagels, cereals and coffee/tea. It was enough. The pool in the motel was very small. Enough to cool off but not much else. The location of the Inn was very close to downtown St. Augustine, just over the Bridge of Lions and very close to the lighthouse. I would definitely stay there again. The only thing I did not like was that the beds were supposed to be Serta pillow top beds. The beds were very hard and did not seem like they were pillow tops by any means.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Anastasia Inn was a very clean hotel. They offered free WiFi, microfridge, coffee maker, hairdryer and the bathroom was very clean. It was a budget hotel so we didn't expect the Hilton. Close to Old Town and very reasonably priced. The owner was very nice and very helpful. They offer free continental breakfast, but you have to take it to your room as there is no eating space there. Also if you like to swim, this is not the place. The swimming pool looks like a little kiddie's one.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 29 January 2010

This is a lovely restored hotel in a great location. The published price of a room is misleading, however, because they add on a mandatory resort fee of $15 per night. When I inquired at check-out, the reservation clerk advised that it was to cover amenities, such as health center (wasn't aware they had one), business center ( 2 computers and a printer), and internet access (whether you use it or not). We were not advised of this fee ahead of time. And this hotel, while pleasant enough, is certainly not a resort.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank GASheilaC
nap004, Manager at Anastasia Inn, responded to this review, 18 June 2010
Anastasia inn has never charged resort fees. The property does not have a business center and does not have a health center. The reviewer has published the comments that are wrongly associated with our motel.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Can't say we thought this was a good hotel. It is a budget hotel and it showed. It seemed as though we could have found a better deal for a budget hotel. The beds were very uncomfortable and while I can't point to one thing, the room just didn't feel clean.
One positive was the location, it is just a short walk over the bridge to the historic part of town. It will be an even nicer walk once the bridge is complete.
The only way I would recommend this hotel is if the rates are considerably lower than those closer to town.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank orock25

Travellers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My first impression was not what I experienced after three days at this hotel. At the end of the trip, we were pleased to have stayed comfortably as we did, for as little cost as it was, and so close to down town and the beach.
This is no Embassy Suites, but by no means is it one of the roach motels that line the highways and side streets of Florida.
We would definitely stay here again, when we pass through St. Augustine.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SummerSkool
Cedar Mountain, NC
Reviewed 9 October 2009

My daughter and I stayed at the Anastasia Inn for 4 nights. The location was great , just over the bridge from Old Town. The rooms were clean with good water pressure, The beds were OK but the pillows were flat, the room had a microwave, fridge, coffee maker. This motel was a very good value for being so close to everything, only $49.95 a night . The inn has no elevator so if you have medical problems,etc. and do not want to climb the stairs to the second floor stay on the ground level. We will definately come back here the next time we come to St. Augustine. Next time I might even bring my husband!! I was very pleased with the inn and the staff and was even more pleased with them when I got back home and realized I left some of my clothes behind. I called and they had the clothes and after giving them my credit card number to pay for the shipping they got the clothes back to me by Fedex in 2 days. Now I am VERY PLEASED with the inn and can not wait til I can come back to St. Augustine.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank mountainlaurie
Murfreesboro, TN
Reviewed 6 October 2009

Just got back from stay at Anastasia and as always enjoyed our stay there. No problems. The rooms are clean and have in there what you need. The owners are always very helpful and accommodating. We have stayed here on numerous occasions when in St Augustine. The price is very reasonable and for us in an excellent location just. We always like to end our night in the British Pub across the road so we park the car and over we go - no worries about having to watch what you drink. Needless to say we will be back again next year.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple