All reviews great location within walking distance room was clean historic district view of the bay across the street watch the boats bridge of lions old town yogurt breakfast included an older hotel hot breakfast george street king room walked everywhere parking lot
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Very clean room and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Would stay again when the chance comes up. We loved the location to all the attractions and the view of the harbor at night was very nice from the patio deck that was build up at the inn.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charles f
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Enjoyed our visit recently. Clean and great location. Rooms and lobby a bit rundown and hotel is really motel style. Enjoyed walking to nearby restaurants and other sites. St. Petersburg is beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The location is not bad for a bay front hotel. When you note they offer free parking and that you can walk to most anything, you can overlook a few things. Don't ask for a late check out as you will not get one. The breakfast is not bad; fresh coffee; toast; juice just enough to get your day started. The hotel boasts wifi, however my room was close to the office and when I was in my room or at the pool, the signal was so weak nothing worked. I was also a little bothered by how the front desk staff ridiculed a guest after the person left the office; totally unprofessional.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room. I was on the first floor and heard my upstairs neighbor as if he was an elephant walking over me.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We took a last minute trip to St. Augustine, and since it was just for one night, I didn't worry too much about our accommodations. I did a quick search here on Tripadvisor, and decided that the Bayfront Inn met our criteria for the night: Location, price, amenities, parking and internet...check!

We were pleasantly surprised when we pulled up. The hotel looks as if it may have been an old school motel at one time, but has been upgraded nicely. Our check in was great, especially since a computer glitch (on our end) meant that our reservation had not actually gone through. Fortunately, I had printed the page that I thought was a confirmation, and the gal at the desk was more than happy to honor it. She mentioned that even had I not had the page, she would have had a room for us, so no harm done.

Our room (206) was towards the back of the hotel, and did not have a balcony like many of the others, but it was clean, well appointed, and was just fine for one night. If we were staying longer, we probably would have asked for a different room, as the bathroom/vanity area in this one was quite small. The bed was very comfortable and the location was nice & quiet. The internet connection seemed to be fine, although I did not use it for long.

The Bayfront Inn serves a (mostly) continental breakfast, with a "Chef's choice" of a hot item each day. The selection was a wee bit sparse, but adequate, and the hot item was waffles, which I did not try. I am be no means a coffee snob (HATE Starbuck's!), but I do like a cup in the morning, and I have to say that the coffee was pretty whimpy; no real flavor and smidge watery.

The location is the real star here, though! Plenty of parking, right across the street from the bay, and a very short stroll to the historic downtown area. Close enough to be comfortable, and far enough to be quietly out of the way of the wandering hordes!

We'll go back on our next visit to St. Augustine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Location couldn't be better, rooms are starting to need a redo, but still being able to walk to everything is a big bonus. People are very friendly. Restaurants are close, trolley stop is just around the corner, recommend everyone take this first to get your bearings, and decide which attractions you'd like to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in back, away from main road
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple