Bayfront Inn
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$108
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$237
US$220
  • Restaurant
Edgewater Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$187
US$179
US$144
AscendHotels
All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distanceview of the bayroom was cleanhistoric districtwatch the boatsbridge of lionsold townacross the streetyogurtbreakfast includedan older hotelhot breakfasta nice place to staygeorge streetmusty smellking room
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I came to St. Augustine in May 2014 to which I stayed 20 mins completely away from downtown; before I left I saw the Bayfront Inn & wrote their name down for future reference; after a month I wanted to do something nice for my dad who was visiting me from Ohio & I decided to take him to St. Augustine; I went to Bayfront's website & noticed "other properties" I opted for the Sea Turtle Cottage; I had seen some "bad reviews" but decided to take my chance. The BEST decision I ever made!!! The staff was warm & friendly upon arrival & departure. The Sea Turtle Cottage was so much more than what I was expecting. It was in Vilano Beach a short 5 minute drive over bridge, clean, cute, updated, I could sit on porch and see the ocean from my chair or walk to the beach. My only disappointment is that I couldn't stay longer. We enjoyed our stay so much that I am already planning another longer trip back & have every intention on staying at the Sea Turtle Cottage. Thank you Bayfront Inn and the owners of Sea Turtle Cottage for having the out of the box idea of teaming up with owners on vacation properties!!! PS for all those that plan on booking....us vistors have started a tradition...you will notice a bowl of shells....find your own shell, write your name and year you stayed & place it in the bowl. You will see my name!!

4  Thank Tracy P
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The A/C does not stay set. They have the rooms programed to auto reset to 78 degrees after a few hours. With this problem the moisture in the air is never removed from the room, making it muggy with a mildew smell. They highly febreze the room to cover the bad smell. This issue with the A/C causes you to wake up in the middle of the night to reset the room, and after a hot day of sightseeing to enter a hot/muggy room. I do not recommend this hotel. Also there is an ice maker outside of our room that drops ice automatically through the night.

Other than that, yes the location was great, and the staff was friendly.

3  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon arrival was given larger room as daughter & grandchildren stayed with us. Room great extra towels given clean room with lots of space. Cookies and coffee all day great breakfast close to everything and we were able to walk everywhere. Sitting on the porch with beautiful view of bay in morning & evening. Allowed us to leave cars in parking area after checkout time.

1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon entering the room, the smell of mold or mildew was overpowering. Every breath felt like we were inhaling spores, and this made being in the room very unpleasant to be in, even though overall the room looked clean. The smell seemed to be coming from the AC vent, but of course it was too hot outside to not run it. We thought we would get used to it, but it was consistently smelly all three days. Maybe this is just Florida, but this smell made it the worst hotel experience we've ever had, and we have stayed in other humid places like Costa Rica where somehow they managed to not have this problem. Probably we should have asked to change rooms and see if the smell was present across the property. We tried to not be there as much as possible, which is easy because St. Augustine is very nice town, and we enjoyed walking around, and I must say that in spite of the room, the location was quite convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Philip R
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This was our second stay at the Bayfront Inn. Our first time was about 6 years ago and it wasn't very good. I was leery to book but only needing a room for one night and the price was right we decided to give it a try. What improvements in the last few years. Room was nice size, front desk was very nice, furniture is a little outdated, but bed was great and room was clean. Small bathroom but clean and served the need. It's very close to all things down town and great views of the bay and bridge of Lions.
Free breakfast in the morning was also waiting for us. I will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple