All reviewsgreat locationwithin walking distanceroom was cleanhistoric districtview of the baywatch the boatsbridge of lionsacross the streetold townyogurtbreakfast includedan older hotelgeorge streethot breakfasta nice place to stayking roomwalked everywhere
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We needed two bedrooms for our girls weekend and not many hotels, motels or B&B's had any availability. We had two queens in one room and one king in the other room. We chose Bayfront Inn for the 2 bedroom, location and pool, but had some concerns with previous reviews. However once we arrived we found out room was spacious and clean. We had no issues with the A/C, matter of fact we kept it at 68 at night. Now we all this being said it is not a fancy place but was sufficient for what we needed so I rated it accordingly. The inn is just a short walk to historic part of town but far way not to hear any noise. Parking at inn is free and the breakfast is free. There is a nice porch that overlooks the bay with couple high top tables to sit at. The people working there were very pleasant and helpful. The only negative I can say for our two bedroom we were missing a fridge that we thought came with the room and may have been there at one time.

Overall it was a good stay as we only used the room to sleep and shower and was out the rest of the time. We never got to use the pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank macdo
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Excellent location, close to old town shops and attractions all within walking distance. Bayfront Inn sits across from the bay near the bridge of Lions which leads to St Augustine Beach. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is provided every morning with a good variety to choose from. The staff were friendly and provided assistance for anything that we may have needed. We will definitely stay here the next time we visit St. Augustine Fl.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob J
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I came to St. Augustine in May 2014 to which I stayed 20 mins completely away from downtown; before I left I saw the Bayfront Inn & wrote their name down for future reference; after a month I wanted to do something nice for my dad who was visiting me from Ohio & I decided to take him to St. Augustine; I went to Bayfront's website & noticed "other properties" I opted for the Sea Turtle Cottage; I had seen some "bad reviews" but decided to take my chance. The BEST decision I ever made!!! The staff was warm & friendly upon arrival & departure. The Sea Turtle Cottage was so much more than what I was expecting. It was in Vilano Beach a short 5 minute drive over bridge, clean, cute, updated, I could sit on porch and see the ocean from my chair or walk to the beach. My only disappointment is that I couldn't stay longer. We enjoyed our stay so much that I am already planning another longer trip back & have every intention on staying at the Sea Turtle Cottage. Thank you Bayfront Inn and the owners of Sea Turtle Cottage for having the out of the box idea of teaming up with owners on vacation properties!!! PS for all those that plan on booking....us vistors have started a tradition...you will notice a bowl of shells....find your own shell, write your name and year you stayed & place it in the bowl. You will see my name!!

4  Thank Tracy P
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The A/C does not stay set. They have the rooms programed to auto reset to 78 degrees after a few hours. With this problem the moisture in the air is never removed from the room, making it muggy with a mildew smell. They highly febreze the room to cover the bad smell. This issue with the A/C causes you to wake up in the middle of the night to reset the room, and after a hot day of sightseeing to enter a hot/muggy room. I do not recommend this hotel. Also there is an ice maker outside of our room that drops ice automatically through the night.

Other than that, yes the location was great, and the staff was friendly.

3  Thank Ken C
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon arrival was given larger room as daughter & grandchildren stayed with us. Room great extra towels given clean room with lots of space. Cookies and coffee all day great breakfast close to everything and we were able to walk everywhere. Sitting on the porch with beautiful view of bay in morning & evening. Allowed us to leave cars in parking area after checkout time.

1  Thank Barbara C