First off, the location of this hotel could not be better. It is walking distance to pretty much everything. Mainly, all the shops in the historic district and Castillo de San Marcos. It is facing the water which is also really nice. The rooms from the second floor must have a wonderful view. At first glance it has a very Motel-like appearance but it is actually quite nice. The rooms are updated and modern, free wi-fi is a plus. Ample and Free parking.
The beds were slightly uncomfortable and the sheets had little lint balls all over them making them feel old and thin. The A/C would not cool sufficiently, I even set it to 70 degrees and it felt like 80. The continental breakfast was not great either, but thats not a deal breaker for me. For the quality, this hotel should be priced lower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bayfront Inn's waterfront location, on Matanzas Bay, is in the heart of St. Augustine's oldest historic district dating back to 1572. Walk to historic sites, restaurants, shops or sit by our pool for a relaxing day. Enjoy bay breezes and watch horse carriages stroll by while sitting on the porch or gazebo. Accommodations at the Bayfront Inn are newly renovated and feature a light pleasing décor. For your convenience, we provide 1 parking space per room on-site at the Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Bayfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayfront Hotel Saint Augustine
- Bayfront Inn St. Augustine, Florida