My husband and I stayed there not too long ago and it was atrocious. The room smelled dank and musty. The desk clerk was very indifferent and not very friendly. The worst part was the first night when we were about to go to sleep. The mattress was so hard, I honestly thought I was sleeping on a slab of concrete! I literally lifted up the sheets to see if there was concrete under there. After a sleepless night, we got up the next morning for breakfast, but the senior citizens had descended on the place like vultures at 7 AM and most of the food was gone. What was left, was stale and hard bagels , a few muffins, and flies were buzzing around and landing on the food. The next night, I refused to sleep in the bed and spend the night trying to sleep in the chair (more comfortable, BTW).
This hotel is located on the island, and while it looks relatively safe during the day, the area is run-down and seedy. At night, it feels very unsafe and is poorly lit.
Do not, do not, DO NOT stay here. Definitely not worth it.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sleep Inn St. Augustine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn St. Augustine Hotel Saint Augustine
- Sleep Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Sleep Inn
- Sleep Inn St. Augustine Florida