“Clean and comfortable”

Sleep Inn St. Augustine
Ranked #42 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed 18 May 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice. This is my second go to hotel for the area, the first being the Comfort Suites. This hotel is clean, comfortable, and priced well for the area. The hot breakfast offered is good and typical for it's kind. The only negative thing is that it is not within walking distance to the historic area. This isn't a problem however if you are purchasing either the trolley or Ripley train tours as you can then park there for free and be shuttled around.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a concert at the St. Augustine Ampitheatre. I didn't book the room until a few days before and paid a rate of just over $100, but that was still less expensive than the chain hotels that were farther away. The location was perfect for us because we were able to walk to the concert so we didn't have to deal with the hassle of the limited parking there. It was a 15-minute walk with sidewalks all the way. We had a non-smoking room on the first floor. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. However, the walls are not well-insulated - I could even hear the person next door sneezing during the night! Conversations and movement can easily be overheard. Even so, everything was quiet when we came in from the concert and we were able to sleep with minimal interruptions. I'm a light sleeper so I had headphones with me just in case but didn't need to use them. Breakfast is basically standard danishes, doughnuts, cereal, etc. but there's also a waffle maker, yogurt, and some fruit. Overall, this is a great value if you're looking for a concert hotel. This is not a luxury hotel, but I'm pretty picky about cleanliness (I scour reviews like this before I book!) and honestly I felt very comfortable here. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in town for a concert!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor if you're a nonsmoker.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We had a group of 18 rooms of classmates from several states arrive for 3 and 4 nights (rooms varied)...We could not have asked for a more cooperative staff at this Sleep Inn on Anastasia Blvd. in St. Augustine, Fla...Eric, Stephanie, Bill and Heidi were so accomodating to us and made our stay absolutely PERFECT in every way! Super thanks to all of you!!! We will be back soon!!!...Melody James

Room Tip: this hotel is across (east) of the bridge of Lions, which is probably a little far to walk to from d...
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The property and the building itself are very nice, but it was noisy. Noise wasn't due to a party, the building just isn't well insulated. During the night I could hear the people in the room next to ours and even their AC unit cycling on and off. I heard water running in the pipes and a crying baby down the hall. Next time I'm in St. Augustine I'll try another hotel. For $100+ you'd expect a better night's sleep. We were also surprised that the room had only a shower, no tub. However, the beds were comfortable.

6  Thank PatZ1950
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Met here for a weekend gathering with friends. The room were great the the hotel was spotless. Great service at the front desk. The staff worked with our individual need. Breakfast was plentiful and the attended to nicely by the staff. Easy parking. The Old town Trolley comes to pick you up, to take you downtown for a great tour. The parking downtown is very limited.

3  Thank TinaRongione
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Rooms were clean and check in was very efficient. Room was modern, up to date, and clean. The only problems: 1. The hot tub at the pool had no working jets, even when turned on. Very weak circulation when the hot tub was on. The water was hot, though. 2. The breakfast area was VERY crowded. The breakfast was pretty good, but the seating area small. All in all a really good deal in a decent location.

2  Thank classicdj
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We could not identify the smell, but it had an odor. We were on a road trip for a month and stayed at a lot of Sleep Inns. This one was not as nice as others. We requested a non smoking room. They said it was , but it didn't smell of smoke, but it had an odor of something. There were old cigarette burns on the sink. One of the outlets had no cover. Busy weekend here so we stayed. If I could I would give this a 2.5 I would .
Price was better than other hotels and it was late.

3  Thank LV2travelmore