“Clean”

Ranked #41 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Clean”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Was down further then it looks on the map. Trolley bus would come to get you and bring you back. Breakfast is free but didn't offer much, waffle maker always burnt it, no bread for toast even though they had a toaster. The gentleman that worked usually in the mornings was great but the young lady always acted like she was doing us a favor. Sorry but since I'm paying your wages by staying here, I guess we are doing you a favor! Check out took forever, since she was across hall in breakfast are doing nothing. Rang bell 4 times and each time she just looked at me. If she doesn't like her job, maybe she needs to find a new one. I doubt we will stay here again when visiting the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank linda5251

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Margate
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The room I was in was clean and well kept, no smoke odor. The parking lot is small but doable. Breakfast was good. The only problem I had was making a reservation. I did it through Choice Hotels site and made it for 1 night. When I went back to add another night I could not do it on line.
I called the hotel and they could not do it either! So I went back online and made a 2nd reservation. This caused a problem with staff as they thought I was leaving, when they found the 2nd reservation they made it sound like I was at fault for doing it this way. OverAll I would stay here again

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2013

It was a last minute get away to see St.Augustine. My tours and activities were great but the hotel was not what i expected. With the money i paid for the room and the online pics i expected something mediocre..but to my surprise the facility was very nice and well kept. My room was beautiful and updated. The staff was very helpful and humorous. I already have plans for another trip with hopes to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 9 July 2013

First off let me say that I had doubts about the location and some of the previous reviews I read about this hotel. I was pleasantly suprised by this hotel. The noise from the road right beside it is minimal. Much quieter than I expected. The rooms are amazing. ..very clean and you can tell that they have a great HK staff. The front desk....a little to be desired. They all look like they hate their job. I went to the desk a few times to find the attendant outside smoking, waited a few minutes, got stared at like I was interrupting his smoke and ignored some more. The young lady...kinda grumpy. But then again...you do not go to hotels to be occupied by the staff. However, its great when you go to a place that has personality when you walk in. The hot tub was not working during our stay this was dissapointing but we do understand that .... happens. Overall, the rooms were great, the noise is not so bad and this hotel served it purpose for us. I would encourage the staff to not look so miserable and attend to guests as needed instead of making them feel like they are pissing you off.

• Stayed July 2013
Vidalia, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed here during the busiest weekend of the year (Fourth of July weekend). The housekeepers here made the entire stay worth it. They folded my kids' blankets and even arranged their stuffed animals on the beds. My kids thought they had come to life! Again, that alone made this hotel worth every penny. The rooms were very clean and the pool was in great shape. The pool is a bit small but it was sufficient for what we were looking for. The hot tub was also suitable. The breakfast was good with plenty selection (cereals, bagels, doughnuts, warm biscuits and sausage gravy, as well as a waffle maker).

The only negatives for the hotel were the stained carpets in the hallways (but who really spends much time in the hallways?) and the size of the breakfast area. On busy mornings, there is not nearly enough room to sit - but again, we stayed on one of the busiest nights.

The location was good for us in that the beach was just a short drive away (5 minutes) and down town was just a few miles away; however, if you plan to spend most of your time downtown, choose a hotel on the other side of the Bridge of Lions as the bridge is opened quite a bit to let the ships pass under.

Room Tip: We stayed in a two double bed room. Refrigerators are provided but only in certain rooms. Make sure...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Inverness, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Spent 2 nights here during a mini vacation. Really liked the location, as it was across the Bridge of Lions, and more centrally located between the beach and downtown. It was quieter than staying downtown. If you want to be able to park your car for the duration and walk to your destinations, this would not be the place for you. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was ok-- what you would expect, waffles and biscuits with sausage gravy are your warm choices. My big complaint was the coffee. Both the coffee downstairs and what you can make in your room were horrible. You couldn't even call it weak. It tasted like hot water run through cardboard- absolutely NO coffee aroma or taste. Coffee is pretty important to a motel, I would think, so hopefully management will correct this issue. otherwise, a fantastic stay, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Lake City, Florida, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We stayed here for a Friday night and had 3 rooms. The rooms and the hotel were clean and nice. Breakfast was a circus, there were more people than could fit in the breakfast area. The hotel apparently was full since when we returned from dinner the parking lot was full and we had to park on the road, the night guy was a little grouchy as he walked us out to the road and pointed down the street for open parking spaces.

Room Tip: suites aren't that much bigger than the normal room, it does have a couch that folds out
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends