“Excellent service, not so much the location”

Sleep Inn St. Augustine
Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Okeechobee, Florida, United States
“Excellent service, not so much the location”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The service was great, we paid for two rooms. They provided me with a play pen that I left at home! I was very grateful. Although, I didn't really use it. More updated than it is on the website. Seemed pretty clean. The only problem is the location. You're on the island where there's not much to do besides the lighthouse.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Elayne W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Daytona Beach, FL
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Better than average room, in fact far nicer that we had expected at a Sleep Inn. The bed and most of the furnishings appear to be new. Very pleasant and prompt check in. Nice free breakfast. We definitely will be back. The nearby Conch House tried to gouge us for many times the Sleep Inns price... so sad. So we stayed here and walked over to meet our friends.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We are a duet from Palm Beach the play locally @ the Milltop Tavern 5 to 6 times a year. We always stay here now because we have always been pleased with what it offers, (nice staff, reasonable pricing, great location, free continental breakfast, clean pool, clean rooms, quiet, comfy beds & PILLOWS and they are always willing to work with you re: your needs. I suggest it to all our friends that come in town to see us and they feel the same way. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TrueBlue2013
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here for one night on an overnight trip to see the lighthouse. First off, the location is excellent if you're planning to visit the lighthouse as it's less than a mile from the lighthouse. Location is good if you wanted to visit the historic district and the beach as this hotel's about a five minute drive to both (not walkable).
As far as the property, overall, I was satisfied with what I got for the money. Grounds were clean and well kept. Room was likewise. Breakfast was pretty much average fare but the food tasted good. Can't comment on outdoor pool and spa as I didn't use them due to severe storms that hit the area including a EF2 tornado that touched down in nearby Jacksonville the same day. There was people that used the pool and this is where I'll lead into the negatives of my stay.
The soundproofing in my room (room 218 facing the pool) was terrible. I could hear the people down in the pool as well as I could if I was sitting at the pool with them. I could also hear noise from outside my room just as well. Thankfully all noise stopped at a reasonable hour which allowed me to get a good night sleep (11:00pm). Some other things I noticed while I stayed at this hotel that may affect your experience were:
1. Parking lot was very small with limited number of spaces. This may pose a big issue if you stay here on a busy weekend for the city. Luckily, I didn't experience problems with parking at the hotel.
2. No bath tub in my two queen room. Instead there was just a walk in shower. Not a problem with me as I was traveling with my mother. This may pose an issue if you're traveling with young kids so you may wanna call first and ask for a room with a bath tub.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in various hotels in St Augustine but this one was really nice right in between the beach and historic district nice neighborhood all interior rooms nice little swimming pool. Miniature golf next door. Room was very current and clean I was very comfortable there. The continental breakfast was good eggs sausage waffles bagels also had cereal and danish option. Desk personal were very friendly. Nice place I would recommend it and definitely would stay again

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Heath H
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Check in was quick and easy. Beds were comfortable. Roll away bed was very comfortable according to our son. Pool view room was nice and clean. Breakfast was acceptable, did have hot waffles. Pool was refreshing. The hot tub was a bit too hot to get into (there were 11 of us that thought so). Miniature putt putt is next door, There is a ice cream truck right across the street that was good and had a bounce house for the kids. They stayed opened for us, as we were checking in at 10 pm and didnt find a place downtown to stop. Lighthouse is in the neighborhood. It is located about 1 1/2 miles from the downtown area and 1 1/2 mile to a beach entrance.

Room Tip: first floor was easy access to the pool. It was quite. We stayed in room 121.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank arena3jean
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Several of us stayed here for a high school reunion. Everyone was extremely easy to work with and took care of all of our needs. Reasonable cost, great location, nice breakfast, nice pool and very friendly personnel. Great value for our needs.

Room Tip: If you need it, be sure to ask for a room with a refrigerator and microwave. Although the website s...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends