“Relaxing stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

w1127boyd
Apison, Tennessee
“Relaxing stay”
Reviewed 24 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Over all I feel like we had a pretty nice stay at Ocean House Condominium. The condo is pretty conveniently located. It’s right on the beach, with maybe a 10 min walk (if that) from the minute you leave your room to walking on the beach. And it’s within 30 mins or less from most attractions in St. Augustine. Only downfall, location wise, is probably that there’s not many restaurants within walking distance of the condo, and one of the ones that is close is only open like half of the week, and another (Paula’s Beachside Grill) i would NOT recommend. I feel like the condo and the room itself are well taken care of. Checking in was pretty easy and the lady at the desk seemed pretty nice. All I had to do was tell her our name, and she had our stuff ready, and we were good to go. Immediately upon getting to our floor we did seem to notice that for whatever reason, the hall way seemed like a retirement home or something, like it smelled like urine. I’m not sure if the condo was previously an assisted living home, or if it smelled that way due to the hallway being enclosed and didn’t seem to be climate controlled, unlike places I’ve stayed before. The room however, did not have that problem, thank goodness. The room was beautiful. It had a nice lay out. And had windows/sliding glass doors all the way across almost 2 whole exterior walls. Beautiful view on the beach from the living from and from the couch even. There were a couple days where we were sunburnt or wore out from visiting attractions, that was sat on the couch with the blinds open watching TV and the beach at the same time. In the bedroom, those windows are kind of obnoxious, being that there’s only blinds, and no curtains, and it makes it a little difficult if you want to sleep in. There seemed to be a new home or new building of some sort being built directly next to our room, and other than being a little bit of an eyesore on that side of our room, it really didn’t bother us. They typically didn’t seem to start working until about 10 am and the weren’t extremely loud even then. The room had plenty of linens. It seemed like someone forgot to restock the garage bags, because we had the one in the can and that was it. We ended up running to the dollar store one day and grabbed a small box of them. The master bed was not very comfortable. By the last night, I wasn’t sleeping too well, and my back was beyond ready to be home and back in my own bed. I believe on the last night or next to last night the master bathroom toilet began to leak from the tank into the floor. I’m sure it was just something that rattled loose over time. Over all, it really was a pretty place. It just had some odds and ends things missing or needing attention, like the odor in the hall, the toilet leak, missing trash bags, and curtains in the master bedroom. I feel price wise, it seemed to be the same, or maybe barely a little cheaper than other rooms in the area. I have stayed at Beachers Lodge right down the road, and paid about the same or more, for a smaller room.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing