“Better than most Courtyards”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Stayed here for one night as a Marriott Platinum member. Check in was easy. Got 2 free items from the marketplace as a Platinum member. Rooms were very nice, clean and modern. Bathroom was good size with a large shower. Hotel 3 years old. Nice lobby with a bar/restuarant. Only negative is breakfast is not free as is Marriott's other hotels of this caliber so the breakfast area was empty the next morning. The fitness center was adequate for me but no water available in the fitness center.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nailcutter
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay. I am happy to see you think we are better that other Courtyards you have stayed at. Coming from a Platinum guest that is a wonderful compliment as your loyalty to Marriott is so strong that I'm sure you have stayed at quite a few Courtyards over the years. Thank you for the suggestion about the water in the fitness center. I have passed this along to see about putting a machine in the fitness center. If there is ever anything else we can assist you with, please let us know!

Reviewed 13 November 2012

This Hotel was CLEAN! The Beds were comfy and the Staff was super nice! It is not soo far from St. Augustine that it's inconvenient, but you will need a car. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed it. I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank starkisser24

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay! If there is ever anything we can do to better accomodate you during your next stay, please let us know!

Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed one night (September 17th 2012) while visiting St Augustine. Room was very spacious & bed was comfortable. We had a deal with breakfast & that too was pleasant. Hotel is handy for the shopping outlets but it is quite far away from St Augustine itself. We drove into the city & there was free on street parking after 5pm but most of the shops etc close shortly after.
a better bet would be The Best Western Spanish Quarter - a perfect location for everything on offer

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rossies

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I wish our location better fit your needs, but we do our best to make up for that with our service and cleanliness. We hope to have you stay again if you return to the area, but if not, I hope your experience here will be the same with every Marriott you stay at during your travels.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great place to stay! This hotel is CLEAN, comfortable, relaxing, pleasing to the eye, a great staff, and great value! I would definitely stay here again!

I decided to stay here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and I'm so glad I did! I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lilly M

We are glad to see you loved your stay! If there are ever any suggestions you may have on how we can better accomodate you, please let us know! Thank you for leaving a review, and we look forward to having you stay with us if your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel in October, and came away very happy. The hotel was nice, clean, and modern. I booked through a discount web site and received a GREAT deal, which made my stay even more satisfying. The staff was friendly; the only slight drawback I had to my visit is that the front desk was not very forthcoming with information about the hotel and surrounding areas. I asked about dining recommendations in the area and was given a few chain restaurants; the staff didn't seem familiar with the local offerings. The front desk didn't inform me that there was a gym, fire pit, etc. on site, although the bistro downstairs had reasonable pricing on the breakfast items.

All in all, though, a very positive experience, and I would gladly stay here again rather than pay the prices downtown which may be more convenient in terms of distance.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TravelShae

Thank you for your review! I appreciate the feedback regarding your experiance with our front desk agent, and will work with my staff to better provide information to our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 October 2012

Hotel is very well done, clean and modern. Bed was amazingly comfortable and I appreciated the sofa as opposed to a chair. Staff was great. Not close to much but was a very nice place. I'd booked through a 3rd party agent (as is my M.O.) but the agent didn't blink an eye. Occasionally I run into people who look down upon that. Not the case here.
I did not utilize the bar/restaurant but when I checked out in the morning I saw quite a few other guests eating there, which is a good sign.
All in all, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate the kind words and we look forward to having you return!

Reviewed 4 October 2012

We left the Days Inn/Roach Hotel at midnight and started driving in hopes to find a half-way decent place to stay. Thankfully, we ended up at the Courtyard!!! It was beautiful!! When we checked in (at 1am), the super nice guy at the desk asked if we would like to sit outside at the firepit...which as exhausted as we were, we thought that would be a nice and relaxing way to end a stressful evening at the Days Inn. He lit the pit for us, and from that moment on, everything was PERFECT!! The breakfast was delicious and served by sweet women. The dining area was so pretty and we sat in a booth with a private tv. We will be back with 20 of us in March when we come back for my wedding day!! SO VERY PERFECT!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience at our hotel! I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to having you return in March! If you plan on having a large amount of rooms, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the sales department, and they will get you set up with a group block. Thank you again for choosing the Courtyard St. Augustine!