“Right of 95. Quick drive to historic center. Clean / friendly. Pricey for a courtyard”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #21 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

I found great reviews on tripadvisor for a quick one night stay while traveling from nc to Miami. Thankfully the reviews were right! I thought this location was great because its right off the highway (noise level is low - meaning the actual hotel is NOT adjacent to the noisy highway). Check in was a breeze. Nice and simple modern decor throughout hotel. A few minutes by car gets you into the historic center. Hotel does provide you with area maps (in lobby area). They don't have a bellman so you need to wheel your pieces and hotel does provide you with small carts to load up your bags for convenience. Rooms are nice and clean. I ran into a few maids in the hallway and they were extremely nice! Hotel is near an large outlet mall and a few restaurants like cracker barell etc. enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
Thank you for the review! I am glad to see you decided to choose our hotel because of our customer feedback! We welcome all feedback from our guests as it is vital to how we operate. We use this information to improve each and every day to better serve our guests. We hope to see you again in the future!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Ocala, Florida, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here for a week for business reasons. Check in was very easy and I was in my room fast. I decided to go down and sit by the fire pit they had and have a beer but the beer was very over priced as was the soda price. The beds were ok the rooms were very clean. All of the staff was very friendly and did their jobs well. The hotel is close to the outlet malls and plenty of places to eat. Down town was not to far if you want to see the sights. All and all it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Craig E
Thank you for your review! We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay! We hope to have you return if you are ever back in the area! Please let us know if there is anything we may be able to assist you with!

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as a Marriott Platinum member. Check in was easy. Got 2 free items from the marketplace as a Platinum member. Rooms were very nice, clean and modern. Bathroom was good size with a large shower. Hotel 3 years old. Nice lobby with a bar/restuarant. Only negative is breakfast is not free as is Marriott's other hotels of this caliber so the breakfast area was empty the next morning. The fitness center was adequate for me but no water available in the fitness center.

Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nailcutter
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay. I am happy to see you think we are better that other Courtyards you have stayed at. Coming from a Platinum guest that is a wonderful compliment as your loyalty to Marriott is so strong that I'm sure you have stayed at quite a few Courtyards over the years. Thank you for the suggestion about the water in the fitness center. I have passed this along to see about putting a machine in the fitness center. If there is ever anything else we can assist you with, please let us know!

florida
Reviewed 13 November 2012

This Hotel was CLEAN! The Beds were comfy and the Staff was super nice! It is not soo far from St. Augustine that it's inconvenient, but you will need a car. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed it. I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank starkisser24
Thank you for your review! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay! If there is ever anything we can do to better accomodate you during your next stay, please let us know!

Thornaby on Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

We stayed one night (September 17th 2012) while visiting St Augustine. Room was very spacious & bed was comfortable. We had a deal with breakfast & that too was pleasant. Hotel is handy for the shopping outlets but it is quite far away from St Augustine itself. We drove into the city & there was free on street parking after 5pm but most of the shops etc close shortly after.
a better bet would be The Best Western Spanish Quarter - a perfect location for everything on offer

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rossies
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I wish our location better fit your needs, but we do our best to make up for that with our service and cleanliness. We hope to have you stay again if you return to the area, but if not, I hope your experience here will be the same with every Marriott you stay at during your travels.

Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great place to stay! This hotel is CLEAN, comfortable, relaxing, pleasing to the eye, a great staff, and great value! I would definitely stay here again!

I decided to stay here after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and I'm so glad I did! I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lilly M
We are glad to see you loved your stay! If there are ever any suggestions you may have on how we can better accomodate you, please let us know! Thank you for leaving a review, and we look forward to having you stay with us if your travels bring you back to the area!

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel in October, and came away very happy. The hotel was nice, clean, and modern. I booked through a discount web site and received a GREAT deal, which made my stay even more satisfying. The staff was friendly; the only slight drawback I had to my visit is that the front desk was not very forthcoming with information about the hotel and surrounding areas. I asked about dining recommendations in the area and was given a few chain restaurants; the staff didn't seem familiar with the local offerings. The front desk didn't inform me that there was a gym, fire pit, etc. on site, although the bistro downstairs had reasonable pricing on the breakfast items.

All in all, though, a very positive experience, and I would gladly stay here again rather than pay the prices downtown which may be more convenient in terms of distance.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelShae
Thank you for your review! I appreciate the feedback regarding your experiance with our front desk agent, and will work with my staff to better provide information to our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to have you stay with us again!