“Good value, convenient to highway, works well for exploring the area by car”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #20 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Southern Maine
“Good value, convenient to highway, works well for exploring the area by car”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here for six nights recently during a visit to the St Augustine area. The property was nice; updated lobby with a sitting area for meals at the Bistro, outdoor pool and hot tub, plenty of parking. The staff was friendly; some more than others. We are gold members and after a little effort, succeeded in a suite upgrade which made our stay a lot nicer. The rooms were large, with a balcony overlooking a wooded area. We listened to the "peeper" tree frogs at night through the open window. There was some noise from the room above, but tolerable. The room was clean, the bed was firm and comfortable, and the pillows were the usual squishy ones...maybe you like those? I'm not a fan. The bathroom was fine, large shower/tub. And the suite had a little "wet bar" area with a sink, microwave and small fridge.
Honestly, nothing too unusual here and I think that's the point of this property. As expected, good for what we wanted. Do note that you need a car if you are staying here; downtown "old" St Augustine is about 6 miles away. But, if you are doing other things too, like we did, the convenience to the highway is great. We hopped on and went down to the Daytona area to see manatees at Blue Springs and also another day to Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge for excellent bird-watching. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieLovesFrance
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. However, I do see there are areas we can work on for the future. It's feedback like yours that makes it possible for us to work on areas that need improving, and it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to having you stay with us once again should you return to the area!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I felt at home as soon as I checked in. I asked the front desk attendant if there was a nice, non corporate Cuban restaurant in town and she pulled out a map, and circled every restaurant downtown that she recommended without ever breaking eye contact with our group. Check in was fast and easy. The Hotel rooms were designed and furnished like a nice Renaissance/Hilton Garden Inn. Bathrooms were clean. The drinking glasses had been properly washed and sanitized. I know that that seems like a strange thing to check, but it's how I grade the cleanliness of the room. The location is about 5 miles away from the Historical Downtown district and almost directly across from the Outlet Malls. The Snack Bar was beyond reasonably priced for a hotel plus they had a great selection to choose from. Free Parking and Wi-Fi. Same day dry cleaning is available. The couch, bed and bedding were all comfortable. Nice decor in the room, I could not hear the guests in the room next to mine. Also, the room is approx. 100sqft larger than the Renaissance and Fairfield Inn and the television was 5" larger. HDMI ports were easily accessible. The desk area was spacious with an ergonomically friendly chair.

There was a slight miscommunication issue that lead to me being slightly let down. The staff went out of their way to make things right. Rob, the General Manager, actually went above and beyond what I would have expected to ensure that I have nothing but positive things to say about my weekend getaway at his facility and I will definitely be staying here next time that I am in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area.

Perfect location, great on-site amenities, reasonably priced for the quality, comfortable furniture is much appreciated after exploring most of the downtown area on foot, and the staff seemed to carry a high sense of ownership with a "The answer's yes. What's the question" work philosophy.

Joe O
Southeast Alabama

Room Tip: Any Floor by Stairwell. Available parking is two steps away from the stair's entrance.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! Our number one focus is customer satisfaction, and while we make mistakes, we always want to make them right. I am very happy that the issue you experienced was promptly resolved. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard St. Augustine, and we look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area!

Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We really enjoyed staying in this hotel this December. It was very clean and super quiet. The breakfast was wonderful, too. It is usually an extra charge, but we bought a package that included breakfast. The room design was very modern, and we liked it a lot. The bed was comfortable too. The only small issue we had was finding the hotel in the rain. The entrance is actually before the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GoGatorsFlorida
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry to see you had trouble locating our entrance to our hotel, and that Mother Nature didn't quite work with you. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Location !! You are in close proximity to all outlets! They bend over backwards to take luxurious care of you. The hot tub and pool are very comfortable and relaxing!!! The food is wonderful and convenience store is fully stocked!! Take the family on this hide away and spend the weekend!!

Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I am so glad to seee you enjoyed your stay! I hope you had a wonderful experience while visiting our Nations Oldest City, and we look forward to having you stay with us again should you return to the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to Key West for New Year's Eve. As usual, Marriott's hotel was quiet, clean, comfortable, the rooms spacious, and everything in working order. It met all our expectations and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay while on your way to the Keys for New Years! We hope to see you again if you return to the area, and on behalf of our staff here at the Courtyard St. Augustine, we wish you and your family a Happy New Year!

Long Beach, New York
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel is by a few minutes away from the outlets and other shopping centers. It was a comfortable stay at this hotel. The staff was very nice as well as the atmosphere.The rooms are clean and modern. I recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay while visiting our Nation's oldest city! We hope you enjoyed what our local area had to offer, and hope to have you return some day. The Courtyard St. Augustine staff wishes you and your family a Happy New Year!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I usually ask for a high floor due to noise above from people walking around. The top floor was unavailable but it didn't matter, it was very quiet. This is typical Courtyard with a cafe, not a restaurant and bar. The cafe does have wine and beer and a nice selection of snack foods prepared for you. The prices are a bit high $4.75 for a Bud. Courtyards do not have free breakfast included, you may purchase breakfast. There are not close dining options (walkable). It was our second stay and we would go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review! It's great to see this was your second stay with us! We appreciate you thinking of us when you returned to St. Augustine! If there is ever any suggestions on how we may better serve you upon your return, don't hesitate to let us know. The entire staff here at the Courtyard St. Augustine whishes you and your family a Happy New Year!

Thanks,