“All hotels should have someone like Jackie at the front desk!”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“All hotels should have someone like Jackie at the front desk!”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived after almost a 4 hour drive and were greeted by Jackie at the front desk. We went for 2 nights and used points for 1 of them. We had to make separate reservations as it is not easy on Marriotts website to do so. Jackie took care of it with no problem. She kept us in the same room both nights and although our room was not ready, (it was a bit early for check in) she offered us another room. She did see we requested foam pillows and said that they were already in the 1st room that was being serviced. She called housekeeping and in a few minutes our room was ready. While waiting we used the computers in the lounge area to find a nice place for dinner using Trip Advisor of course. Parking is free here.
The elevator is a bit slow as they only have one but no other complaints. The room was clean and had wired or wireless internet FOR FREE!. It is VERY easy to get to from 95 . Easy off/on. There are 2 outlet malls just off of the exit. This hotel is abut 1/2 mile from the exit.
Breakfast staff were great as well as the food. We only had the bagels, muffin, coffee cake, granola and fresh fruit over 2 days. Coffee is Starbucks, I do not like Starbucks, but if you do have a tall and enjoy with the small tv's in the booths. It was only a few minute drive downtown.

Room Tip: We stayed and the end of the hall in 303. Nice and far from the elevator and ice maker. King bed wi...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you so much for leaving a review! It am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay, and that Jacqui made sure your needs were taken care of. I will be sure to share your kind words with her. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard St. Augustine, and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the area!

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I'm a Sales & Marketing Mgr and I must say the front desk staff here is something to look up to. Jaqui & Chris the night auditor are amazing. Both associates need to be praised for their wonderful customer service skills & going above and beyond what's expected of the front desk. I'll definitely be back and I hope to see these two again.

• Stayed February 2014
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to share your kinds words with Jacqui, and Chris!

We look forward to having you stay with us again when you return to our beautiful city!

Southern Maine
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We stayed here for six nights recently during a visit to the St Augustine area. The property was nice; updated lobby with a sitting area for meals at the Bistro, outdoor pool and hot tub, plenty of parking. The staff was friendly; some more than others. We are gold members and after a little effort, succeeded in a suite upgrade which made our stay a lot nicer. The rooms were large, with a balcony overlooking a wooded area. We listened to the "peeper" tree frogs at night through the open window. There was some noise from the room above, but tolerable. The room was clean, the bed was firm and comfortable, and the pillows were the usual squishy ones...maybe you like those? I'm not a fan. The bathroom was fine, large shower/tub. And the suite had a little "wet bar" area with a sink, microwave and small fridge.
Honestly, nothing too unusual here and I think that's the point of this property. As expected, good for what we wanted. Do note that you need a car if you are staying here; downtown "old" St Augustine is about 6 miles away. But, if you are doing other things too, like we did, the convenience to the highway is great. We hopped on and went down to the Daytona area to see manatees at Blue Springs and also another day to Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge for excellent bird-watching. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieLovesFrance
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay. However, I do see there are areas we can work on for the future. It's feedback like yours that makes it possible for us to work on areas that need improving, and it's greatly appreciated.

Thank you once again, and we look forward to having you stay with us once again should you return to the area!

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I felt at home as soon as I checked in. I asked the front desk attendant if there was a nice, non corporate Cuban restaurant in town and she pulled out a map, and circled every restaurant downtown that she recommended without ever breaking eye contact with our group. Check in was fast and easy. The Hotel rooms were designed and furnished like a nice Renaissance/Hilton Garden Inn. Bathrooms were clean. The drinking glasses had been properly washed and sanitized. I know that that seems like a strange thing to check, but it's how I grade the cleanliness of the room. The location is about 5 miles away from the Historical Downtown district and almost directly across from the Outlet Malls. The Snack Bar was beyond reasonably priced for a hotel plus they had a great selection to choose from. Free Parking and Wi-Fi. Same day dry cleaning is available. The couch, bed and bedding were all comfortable. Nice decor in the room, I could not hear the guests in the room next to mine. Also, the room is approx. 100sqft larger than the Renaissance and Fairfield Inn and the television was 5" larger. HDMI ports were easily accessible. The desk area was spacious with an ergonomically friendly chair.

There was a slight miscommunication issue that lead to me being slightly let down. The staff went out of their way to make things right. Rob, the General Manager, actually went above and beyond what I would have expected to ensure that I have nothing but positive things to say about my weekend getaway at his facility and I will definitely be staying here next time that I am in the Jacksonville/St. Augustine area.

Perfect location, great on-site amenities, reasonably priced for the quality, comfortable furniture is much appreciated after exploring most of the downtown area on foot, and the staff seemed to carry a high sense of ownership with a "The answer's yes. What's the question" work philosophy.

Joe O
Southeast Alabama

Room Tip: Any Floor by Stairwell. Available parking is two steps away from the stair's entrance.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay! Our number one focus is customer satisfaction, and while we make mistakes, we always want to make them right. I am very happy that the issue you experienced was promptly resolved. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard St. Augustine, and we look forward to having you stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the area!

Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2014

We really enjoyed staying in this hotel this December. It was very clean and super quiet. The breakfast was wonderful, too. It is usually an extra charge, but we bought a package that included breakfast. The room design was very modern, and we liked it a lot. The bed was comfortable too. The only small issue we had was finding the hotel in the rain. The entrance is actually before the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GoGatorsFlorida
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for your review! It's great to see you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry to see you had trouble locating our entrance to our hotel, and that Mother Nature didn't quite work with you. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Location !! You are in close proximity to all outlets! They bend over backwards to take luxurious care of you. The hot tub and pool are very comfortable and relaxing!!! The food is wonderful and convenience store is fully stocked!! Take the family on this hide away and spend the weekend!!

Stayed February 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I am so glad to seee you enjoyed your stay! I hope you had a wonderful experience while visiting our Nations Oldest City, and we look forward to having you stay with us again should you return to the area.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to Key West for New Year's Eve. As usual, Marriott's hotel was quiet, clean, comfortable, the rooms spacious, and everything in working order. It met all our expectations and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
CourtyardStAugustine, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay! I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay while on your way to the Keys for New Years! We hope to see you again if you return to the area, and on behalf of our staff here at the Courtyard St. Augustine, we wish you and your family a Happy New Year!