“Lodging near I-95 exit 18”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Augustine, Florida
“Lodging near I-95 exit 18”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you are looking for an I-95 overnight without the transient feel, this is perfect - Clean and beautifully appointed rooms, great service bistro with good food and great service, backyard feel pool and picnic area... only complaint, first night stay had cigar smoking and beer drinking guests in Jacuzzi -- making it uncomfortable for us to swim that night... next day though we had the pool with another family and it was PERFECT!!!

Room Tip: poolside is always better as SR 16 is the other option however the soundproofing is solid and effect...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, we appreciate your business and are glad you had a pleasant stay in St. Augustine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights to attend a family wedding at the River House. When we arrived at about noon, our room was not ready (unusual for Courtyards - they have always had a room for us regardless of arrival time) so we had to drive around and get some lunch before checking again. We returned around 2:30 to find it was still not available so we just waited in the lobby for another 45 minutes. Once settled in, we found the room to be very nice with all the expected amenities. It was an uneventful stay until Sunday, while having breakfast at the Bistro. Suddenly we saw (heard) what looked like 100 young students arriving on what had to be a field trip. We thought our peace and quiet was over, but were we surprised! The kids were well behaved and well chaperoned, and we never heard a sound from any of them although they were staying on our floor in nearby rooms. That suggests to me that the rooms are solidly insulated because no way could all those kids have been that quiet!
Anyway, all in all we would definitely stay here again. The Bistro staff was very accommodating and the housekeepers pleasant and efficient. The location is great, with excellent outlet shops nearby and the downtown area just a few miles in the other direction.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear - our window looked out on the trees and was a nice peaceful view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pcroberge
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback and I apologize that you had to wait for your room. I am happy to hear your stay was peaceful and hope to see you again if your travels bring you to St. Augustine.

Michael
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I had to stay here because of our apartment being remodeled. We were here for four days. All the staff treated us as if we were kings and queens. The housekeeping staff went above and beyond their duties for us. Our housekeeper's name was Michelle. At first we weren't even on her list, and she serviced our room anyway.

Never in my 40 years has a hotel EVER treated me this good.

I give my personal recommendations to anyone visiting this area to stay here at the Courtyard. It's amazing.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle is on of our shining stars and comments like yours do not go unheard I will personally recognize Michelle in our next staff meeting. We hope to see you again in your travels to St. Augustine

Michael
Buford, GA
Reviewed 19 June 2014

For the last three months, I have stayed at this property at least 5 nights a month. Clean rooms, quite, close to interstate and a few restaurants nearby within a few miles. Breakfast staff is great and very helpful and quick.

Now the issue. You check in after 10PM at night, where is the front desk person? You want to check out at 7AM when they are changing staff (because I like to leave a bag), where is the staff? I don't know what they are doing but it's a guarantee you can wait. Want a friendly smile and greeting when you come in to this property - Good luck!

Know they just recently got a new manager but so far, this aspect has not changed. Just don't think this location qualifies as properly run Marriott Hotel right now.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you very much for bringing your issues to my attention, I will address the lack of front desk presence immediately and can assure you that this frustration will be eliminated as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any other concerns so I can address them with my staff

Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Courtyard is between I-95 and old town St. Augustine. There's not a lot in the immediate vicinity. Most restaurants shopping areas are a couple of miles in either direction.

The hotel is nice and very well maintained. The front desk and bistro staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. I like Courtyards in general, but I'd say this one is a notch above most of the others that I stay at (even when factoring in the location).

Would definitely stay here again, although this is probably not the most convenient hotel if you're in St Augustine as a tourist.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
LaneB588,

Thank you very much for your kind words, I appreciate you recognizing my staff for the service and friendliness you received during your stay. We hope to see you again on any of your future trips to St. Augustine.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Recently stayed at this Courtyard after winning a 2 night 3 day trip. Days had to be during the week no weekend. Upon winning trip figured it would probably be a very undesirable room they have difficult time renting (near pool, near ice machine, near laundry) but I was wrong! What a pleasant surprise.....King room, spacious, good location, quiet, helpful courteous staff. Short drive to Historic Downtown. Close to Outlet shops. Close to Publix. Close to I95. Room clean no musty smells. However, would ask to have hotel install more hangers for wet towels.......it's the little things that sometimes mean the most.....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Nasailin,

Thank you so much for visiting us again, we always want to hear your comments and appreciate your kind words regarding your stay at our Courtyard

Thanks again
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I recently had a family gathering at this hotel and the staff could not have been anymore accommodating and friendlier then they were. Jacqueline at the front desk and Ben in the Bistro lounge ensured we were cared for and had everything we needed.
Well worth the money for the stay as the service there is top notch.

Room Tip: Downtown St. Augustine is less than 10 minutes away
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you so much, I will personally thank both Jacqueline and Ben for their efforts to ensure your family reunion was a success. We hope to see you again on your next trip to St. Augustine

Michael Hitt