“Excellent Hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #28 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stay at the Courtyard every time we visit St. Augustine. It is a clean and comfortable hotel with a friendly and courteous staff. From the hotel, it's approximately 15 minutes to the historic district. We once stayed at a place that was only a few minutes away, but it was unsatisfactory. To be honest, the closer you get to the downtown area, the more unappealing the accommodations become. You are much better off staying at the Courtyard. You won't regret it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will make sure your to share your experience with my staff.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Outstanding hotel and service! I would highly recommend. We were here for one night over July 4 weekend and it was a perfect distance away from the sites, the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, hotel was super clean, lobby was inviting, and we were met by an awesome surprise with the free children's activity that night. Our son got to hold and learn about things from the ocean, made a pirate hat and created a treasure to take home. It was great! Special kudos to Jackie at the front desk for remembering our names without cheating. And the night bistro team. You guys were great and the pizza was delish! Thanks. Be sure to sit by the fire pit outside too. What a high quality hotel! Thanks for adding good memories to our family getaway!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tiffany C

Thank you very much for your kind words, we are glad that your family enjoyed the shell art. I will share your comments with my staff and recognize them for a great job

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was in town for a wedding and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a reward certificate. I usually stay further in town when in St. Augustine, but this seems to be the only Marriott in the St. Augustine area. Although it is further out (closer to the outlet malls and I-95 than the historic downtown area), the location seemed to work out pretty well for our purposes.

The rooms: They were awesome. Brand new, spacious, super clean - I could stay at this hotel for months and be happy (and, if you can tell by my reviews, I'm pretty picky about hotels!). The room had a very interesting design with the wardrobe, desk, and bar area all being built in pieces in the room. The king sized bed was very comfortable and I liked having the couch in the room as well.

The bathroom was very spacious and clean. The shower was a good size and I liked the "seat" (I don't think it's really a seat, but it's a flat area) to place all of my shower items on.

The staff: Very nice. At check-in, the staff took time to show us a map and point out parking areas convenient to the wedding we were attending. The lobby is very nice and features the Courtyard Bistro (still haven't eaten at one - McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts are across the street!).

Overall I will definitely return to this hotel when I am in the area!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you so much for your comments, we really enjoyed your wedding party,everyone was so pleasant and easy to work with it was truly our pleasure to have you with us this past weekend. Please think of us if you are ever in St. Augustine.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We have used this hotel twice now when arriving in florida by air. If you are heading north its just a 90 minute drive from Orlando International Airport.
the hotel is virtually 1 minute from the i95.
The hotel has plenty of parking. It is also is clean and tidy with friendly staff.
you are around a 10 minute drive in to St Augustine which is definitely worth seeing if you are in this area. There us also a small pool at the hotel.

Room Tip: There is just 3 floors so I don't think that the room choice maters.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for visiting us again we are happy that you found our hotel to be convenient for your trip and that you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 27 June 2014

If you are looking for an I-95 overnight without the transient feel, this is perfect - Clean and beautifully appointed rooms, great service bistro with good food and great service, backyard feel pool and picnic area... only complaint, first night stay had cigar smoking and beer drinking guests in Jacuzzi -- making it uncomfortable for us to swim that night... next day though we had the pool with another family and it was PERFECT!!!

Room Tip: poolside is always better as SR 16 is the other option however the soundproofing is solid and effect...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your comments, we appreciate your business and are glad you had a pleasant stay in St. Augustine

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights to attend a family wedding at the River House. When we arrived at about noon, our room was not ready (unusual for Courtyards - they have always had a room for us regardless of arrival time) so we had to drive around and get some lunch before checking again. We returned around 2:30 to find it was still not available so we just waited in the lobby for another 45 minutes. Once settled in, we found the room to be very nice with all the expected amenities. It was an uneventful stay until Sunday, while having breakfast at the Bistro. Suddenly we saw (heard) what looked like 100 young students arriving on what had to be a field trip. We thought our peace and quiet was over, but were we surprised! The kids were well behaved and well chaperoned, and we never heard a sound from any of them although they were staying on our floor in nearby rooms. That suggests to me that the rooms are solidly insulated because no way could all those kids have been that quiet!
Anyway, all in all we would definitely stay here again. The Bistro staff was very accommodating and the housekeepers pleasant and efficient. The location is great, with excellent outlet shops nearby and the downtown area just a few miles in the other direction.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear - our window looked out on the trees and was a nice peaceful view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pcroberge
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and I apologize that you had to wait for your room. I am happy to hear your stay was peaceful and hope to see you again if your travels bring you to St. Augustine.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My family and I had to stay here because of our apartment being remodeled. We were here for four days. All the staff treated us as if we were kings and queens. The housekeeping staff went above and beyond their duties for us. Our housekeeper's name was Michelle. At first we weren't even on her list, and she serviced our room anyway.

Never in my 40 years has a hotel EVER treated me this good.

I give my personal recommendations to anyone visiting this area to stay here at the Courtyard. It's amazing.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, Michelle is on of our shining stars and comments like yours do not go unheard I will personally recognize Michelle in our next staff meeting. We hope to see you again in your travels to St. Augustine