“Had art and craft fun with visiting shell artist in lobby!”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Gainesville
“Had art and craft fun with visiting shell artist in lobby!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Listen, bringing in Gwen Duvall to encourage guests to create shell art in the lobby was brilliant! The activity brought in kids to seniors. EVERYONE was hot glueing shells and beads! It was genius! Good for you Courtyard. Gwen was knowledgable about shells and encouraged everyone to participate. Way better than sitting in front of the tv. Brilliant!

• Stayed July 2014
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Shell Art it is a new idea we are trying and based on similar feedback we will be doing this weekly on Saturday nights in the future

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Excellent hotel I stay there when I need to be in St Augustine. people are very friendly and room is very clean!

Their front desk staff is awesome, and very pleasant place to hang around in their restaurant/lounge! Truly a relaxing environment!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your comments it is our mission for all of our guests to enjoy his or her stay at our hotel I am glad we exceeded your expectations and hope to see you again soon.

North Carolina
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This hotel is convenient to I-95 and a couple of outlet malls. Also it is within 6 or 7 miles of the old city part of St. Augustine. You have to have a car as there are no restaurants or anything else within walking distance. Rooms somewhat small and need some work. Our room had stains on the sofa and the desk chair was desperately in need of replacement.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback, I have followed up with my management team regarding the issue with the furniture in your room and both pieces have been replaced.

Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well positioned, newer hotel, definitely has updated looks and is very clean and modern. Felt more like an apartment than a hotel!

Staff are very professional and courteous.

I will definitely stay here again if the need arises. Close enough to St. Augustine and the interstate but very quiet as well.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review, I will share your thoughts with my staff

Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My girlfriend and I stay at the Courtyard every time we visit St. Augustine. It is a clean and comfortable hotel with a friendly and courteous staff. From the hotel, it's approximately 15 minutes to the historic district. We once stayed at a place that was only a few minutes away, but it was unsatisfactory. To be honest, the closer you get to the downtown area, the more unappealing the accommodations become. You are much better off staying at the Courtyard. You won't regret it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words, I will make sure your to share your experience with my staff.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Outstanding hotel and service! I would highly recommend. We were here for one night over July 4 weekend and it was a perfect distance away from the sites, the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly, hotel was super clean, lobby was inviting, and we were met by an awesome surprise with the free children's activity that night. Our son got to hold and learn about things from the ocean, made a pirate hat and created a treasure to take home. It was great! Special kudos to Jackie at the front desk for remembering our names without cheating. And the night bistro team. You guys were great and the pizza was delish! Thanks. Be sure to sit by the fire pit outside too. What a high quality hotel! Thanks for adding good memories to our family getaway!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tiffany C
Thank you very much for your kind words, we are glad that your family enjoyed the shell art. I will share your comments with my staff and recognize them for a great job

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was in town for a wedding and stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on a reward certificate. I usually stay further in town when in St. Augustine, but this seems to be the only Marriott in the St. Augustine area. Although it is further out (closer to the outlet malls and I-95 than the historic downtown area), the location seemed to work out pretty well for our purposes.

The rooms: They were awesome. Brand new, spacious, super clean - I could stay at this hotel for months and be happy (and, if you can tell by my reviews, I'm pretty picky about hotels!). The room had a very interesting design with the wardrobe, desk, and bar area all being built in pieces in the room. The king sized bed was very comfortable and I liked having the couch in the room as well.

The bathroom was very spacious and clean. The shower was a good size and I liked the "seat" (I don't think it's really a seat, but it's a flat area) to place all of my shower items on.

The staff: Very nice. At check-in, the staff took time to show us a map and point out parking areas convenient to the wedding we were attending. The lobby is very nice and features the Courtyard Bistro (still haven't eaten at one - McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts are across the street!).

Overall I will definitely return to this hotel when I am in the area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, we really enjoyed your wedding party,everyone was so pleasant and easy to work with it was truly our pleasure to have you with us this past weekend. Please think of us if you are ever in St. Augustine.