“Perfect for SHORT stays”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #20 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Perfect for SHORT stays”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

My family chose this hotel because it was in a quiet location and close enough to the shops, old St. Augustine, and the beach. We didn't realize until we had checked in that there was no complimentary breakfast. The cafe was pricy, and the mini fridge tiny. Room was very nice and clean, with ample space. We stayed five nights and never had any noise issues...first floor at the front of the building. I would stay again, just not for such a long visit.

Stayed July 2014
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate the insight regarding your stay and will review these comments for potential resolutions

Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My apartment was being renovated, so we were put into the Courtyard for 3 days. Being a local, I had quite a bit of knowledge about this property. The hotel itself was beautiful. The pool/Jacuzzi were both relaxing & it was super quiet. The only downside was that breakfast was not free like at most of the other comparable chains & the food at the bistro was super overpriced, despite being very tasty. That being said, the beds were soft, the rooms were ample sized & it just felt comfortable. A special thanks to Jacqui for her professionalism, kind personality & patience when a member of my party's food wasn't made right. She went out of her way to get him what he wanted & even brought it up to the third floor herself. She's definitely an asset to the property & I will recommend the Courtyard as one of the places to stay when my family & friends are in Saint Augustine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments, we are happy that we could make this difficult situation slightly more comfortable for you and your family.

Leonardtown, Maryland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This relatively new hotel is near I-95 and two large outlet malls and also a few miles from the tourist attractions of St Augustine. The rooms are well appointed and there is no noise from the road or from other rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool and picnic area is exceptionally nice. We will stay there again if in the area. Its a puzzle, however, that while Marriott's upscale brand, Residence Inn, and its downscale brand, Fairfield Inn, provide free breakfast as part of the room rate, its Courtyard hotels do not do so, having food for sale for breakfast and other meals.. This is more puzzling since Courtyard seeks to attract business travelers, many of whom are on a per diem for lodging and another for food.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words and for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. It is our goal to ensure that every guest has a memorable experience while visiting the Courtyard in St. Augustine.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I chose to stay here en route from Charlotte, NC to Miami International airport where I was picking up my daughter and her friend from a service trip (and flying to Charlotte directly or with an acceptable layover was not possible). The hotel was perfect for me because it is right off of I95 and roughly mid-way for my trip. We had a room with two beds, and the size of the room was great. The bathroom was very large, I thought, with a very nice shower. The bistro is open until 10:00 pm, and I highly recommend the citrus, spinach, chicken salad. It was fresh and delicious. Starbucks coffee is available pretty much all the time, as far as I can tell. The staff are incredibly nice and attentive. Because of a luggage glitch, I ended up making a trip over to the St. Augustine outlets to get some replacement clothing for the girls. I hadn't planned on shopping but was glad that the hotel is about 1/2 mile up the road from the outlet mall. I can't say how close the hotel is to the historic sites because, unfortunately, time did not allow us to explore but if I do go back for that purpose I am very likely to stay at this hotel again. I was comfortable, well treated, and felt very safe. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for travelers looking for a convenient, clean, and friendly place to stay off of I95.

Room Tip: No tips to offer. The hotel, though right off of I95, is in a quiet location.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you very much for your comments we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again in the future.

Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our object in staying here was not so much to tour St. Augustine but rather a midway stop enroute to Pensacola. That said, this hotel is convenient to St. Augustine as well as I-95. The front desk staff was great. The room was not large but was large enough for us and a teenage grandson. And, it had a microwave as well as small refrigerator. Our room was clean and neat. We had no issues with the bathroom, beds, wi-fi or anything else. It was raining, so any sightseeing of St. Augustine was put off until another time. But, this would have been a good base of operations for sightseeing. There aren't a lot of restaurants in the immediate one mile radius, but the front desk staff was helpful with restaurant suggestions. We settled for a Burger King close to I-95, but there was a BBQ place not too much further down the road. You won't really have to drive that far to reach more and better restaurants. Ample parking, good location, comfortable beds, good stay.

Room Tip: There really aren't any views. Since the hotel is set back from the highway, noise is not an is...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor, we wish the weather would have been better for you and your family but I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite the rain. We would love to have you as our guests in the future, hopefully with better weather

Largo, Florida
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at this very centrally located Marriott in St. Augustine because of its close proximity to I-95. The lobby, Bistro Area, rooms, pool and grounds were in superior condition and extremely neat and clean. The staff at the Bistro in the morning were exceptionally nice, competent and fun. A great place to stay when in the St. Augustine area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your comments, our goal is to ensure that all of our guests enjoy our hotel and our great city.

Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely one of the best hotels I've ever used. First time visiting St Augustine. Loved the city and loved the Marriott. Great staff, rooms were amazing and my wife was so thankful for the Starbucks in the bistro :) Highly recommend the Marriott if you are considering a visit to this lovely city!

• Stayed July 2014
Michael H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard St. Augustine. We strive to make every guest's stay memorable, it is uplifting to hear we accomplished this for you and your family.