“What a great hotel!”

Courtyard by Marriott St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 May 2010

This was my first vist to a courtyard.This place is pretty new & well kept.I was really surprised about how nice it was.It almost had a botique hotel feel...It was hip, modern and hightech.There are computers w/ internet in the lobby.The go board with local info.Free coffe.I did not use the work out room but it looked simple but all you would need for quick workout while traveling.It was a clean & bright hotel.The only complaint I can make is that we reserved a king suite so we could have a balcony which was important to us.We only paid the 150 a night for the balcony & when we got there they only had the 1st floor which is handicapped acessable so no balcony, this was a big dissapointment & probably would have just gotten a reg room for about 100.Keep this in mind if you are hoping for a balcony!They only have 3 suites ,only 2 have them.Our king suite was big clean,comforable.It had 2 flatscreens.Good choice if you have kids and you want 2 rooms.Had tons of channels.The pool was nice but small and basic.We loved the bistro!It was so cute and had round booths with flat screen t.v.'s.We were given free breakfast each morning for our anniversry.Not normally free.I also thing they were trying to keep me happy because of the balcony.The food was Soo GOOD.Lite healthy options.Great price for the value..about 5/6.00 pp or less.This was my fave part of the hotel..I had a healthy breakfast sandwich.Excellent and the french toast w/ fresh strawberries...soo good.They will even put it on a tray to take to your room.The service here was excellent.They had a full bar and were only open for breakfast and dinner, but snacks are for sale.located 10 min from historic dist. nice and quite but still not to far from everything!We will stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2010

Closer to I-95 than it is to St. Augustine Historic areas. Worth the money, our room had a coffee maker and refrigerator in the room. There's also hot beverages in the lobby 24/7.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My partner and I went to St. Augustine for a weekend getaway and decided to stay at the Courtyard Marriott. We are very glad we did. It is located about 5 miles from the historic district. We actually enjoyed being "away" from the crowds in the evenings. The hotel is only a mile or two from the 2 outlet malls. Very clean and new (June 2009). I loved the 2 for 1 happy hour at the bar. Great prices as well.

The staff were very accommodating and professional. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2010

This hotel is very new, so of course everything is very clean and neat. The room was spacious enough with a king bed, small couch, coffee table, work desk and chair, large flat panel t.v. an armoire for clothes, microwave, small fridge, and coffee maker/coffee. However, I did miss a couple of small features that I just take for granted in most hotels we visit. The only mirrors were in the bathroom - the mirror over the sink, and the full-length mirror which was mounted on the back of the bathroom door. It might seem like a small detail but it made it difficult for both of us to get ready in the mornings. Also, there is not a complimentary breakfast. They do have a "bistro", but the food didn't look that inviting to us so we never ate there. There are many restaurants nearby though, fast food and nicer. There are a couple of computers for public use in the lobby, but they are usually not available due to the large number of kids playing games on them. There is however complimentary high speed and wireless internet access from your room, so take your laptop if you'll need a computer. There is a nice interactive "go board" in the lobby that will help you with restaurants, sightseeing, directions, etc. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice from our room. One very important thing to ask for if you stay here...ask to be placed AWAY FROM THE ELEVATOR. Our room was right by the very noisy elevator and ice machine!! I can't believe they would even put these two features together, and then put rooms right next to them. It sounded like a doorbell ringing loudly every time someone got on/off the elevator, and the ice machine was extremely noisy each time someone used it. We asked if we could be moved about 5 minutes into our stay because we heard both noises immediately. We were told no, but maybe they could move us later in our stay. It never happened, so needless to say we didn't get much sleep during our stay. Overall, this is a "nice" hotel, friendly enough staff, etc. so if you don't mind the noise and lack of a few amenities then you would probably really enjoy it. But, for the same money I would probably choose to stay someplace else next time with more of the features we enjoy in a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tkwilson
Reviewed 1 April 2010

This is a nice new Courtyard. It has all the new updated look and feel, and is pretty cool.
Everything went well during check in and check out. The rooms are nice and everything went really well. I did not use the work out room or have a drink or anything to eat in the lobby. Everything looked good, I was just tight on time. I like the computer station that is right off the lobby. Overall this is a nice place and close to the outlet malls and about 10 minutes to downtown St. Augustine, FL. I will stay here again for sure next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2010

Check in was pleasant & efficient- never saw the concierage desk open - room was very comfortable and priced right- elevator service was as good as any I've ever experirenced - USA today was tough to get in the AM -- breakfast service was slo-o-o-ow (bad- seat your self and hope that someone ackowledged your existance)

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2010

We loved this Courtyard for its wonderfully clean, spacious suite, big windows and a balcony, with superb amenities like the 2 flat screen TVS, Internet hook-up, and tiny kitchenette. The staff members at the front desk were tops - helpful, friendly, courteous. It is on a highway but very quiet.

Two drawbacks to note, breakfast is NOT included in price of room and it is located a good 6 miles outside of the old city center. At first we thought the locations would be a problem, but with public parking in city center, we did just fine seeing all of old St. Augustine.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple