“Great Food & Atmosphere ”
Review of Aunt Kate's

Aunt Kate's
Ranked #135 of 639 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is located on the river with choice of inside and outside dining. We dined on an outside picnic table around 5pm. There was a misting fan that kept it feeling nice on the deck. Our boys loved walking out in the pier, where they saw dolphins and a sea turtle.
We ordered onion rings for an appetizer and they also brought a courtesy basket of pumpkin bread & cornbread.
My husband ordered fried shrimp, I had the blackened shrimp, my sons had hamburgers with fries, fish bites, & chicken fingers. Everything was tasty!! Highly recommend!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

The food was great and the service was equally positive. For the quality of the seafood, the prices were very reasonable. We had lunch and the Mahi Mahi was delicious. We also tried the conch fritter and crab cake appetizers and they were both exceptional. We really had a great experience. We recommend it for couples .. it is laid back and fun. Reminded me of a Bahamian or Caribbean restaurant.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My first time visiting after several people recommended. The view and setting was gorgeous. The food was fresh and menu extensive. Portions are huge. Great choice!

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Wasn't sure when we walked in. Ambiance ... not much. But food was excellent as was service. Off the beaten path. Fried shrimp, collard greens, Minorcan clam chowder were delicious.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Whenever I’m in the Jacksonville /St. Augustine area, I love visiting this restaurant for its ambience and seafood. This evening, I tried one of their cocktails for the first time. The tent menu on the table advertised $8 for cocktails. However when the bill arrived, I was charged $10.25. Upon enquiring I was informed by the waitress that the $8 price was applicable only to the cocktails on that specific page that the $8 price was mentioned (although there was no fine print on that page or any of the other pages clarifying as such, nor did the cocktails on the other pages have any other listed price).

Anyways, I paid the $10.25 charge but as I left the restaurant, I decided to speak about it to the manager, as a suggestion for future improvement. Whether he’d do something about it or not, that was his decision. Little did I know that instead of hearing me out, he’d be arrogant to the core. He brushed me aside by saying that in the past five years, no one had questioned his drinks menu pricing therefore he didn’t see the need to take my suggestion into consideration (I wasn’t asking him to start changing right away; all he had to do was take some honest feedback but the man refused to listen :-)). He didn’t believe there was anything confusing about it.

Whatever his beliefs are about his menu, it doesn’t give him the right to be arrogant and dismissive towards customers. The waitress was extremely polite and professional but the manager simply crossed the limit. It’s sad that I won’t be visiting this place anymore because of the ill-behaved manager.