Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I was a little worried about the paper thin wall reviews, but we arrived at 12pm with 2 toddlers. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating and the two day stayed I had with my family was very quite all night both nights, there was absolutely no noise at all, we did not really used the cleaning service due to the fact that we only spen one day in Saint Augustine, so I can not comment on it. The breakfast is your usuall Fairfield breakfast waffles , juice etc. Overall great experience the only issu I had is that we asked for foam pillows and they just gave as regular ones not a big issue but we were a little disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kasandra E

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We snagged a great deal from Priceline for this hotel, although their regular rates are still reasonable. The room is spacious and comfortable with a flat screen tv, Wi-Fi, a desk, chair, and comfortable bed. The front desk was kind enough to bring us a rollaway and it was probably the biggest and most comfortable rollaway we've seen! The bathroom is fairly large as well and there is a large closet for storage.

The hotel was very quiet when we were here. We rarely heard anyone in the hallways, though we saw people here and there. There was a nice looking pool but it was cloudy and drizzling so we couldn't take advantage.

Finally, it is convenient to historic St. Augustine. It's about a 10 minute drive, although I also saw that the trolley/tram picks up at the hotel. When I asked the front desk about this, they said that they had to be called to do a pick-up and the hours are 9-5. Still, a good deal for anyone that didn't want to drive.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nessz79
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We picked this hotel because it had the highest ratings/best reviews for the price range in the area we were looking. It was quiet, clean, and had a nice continental breakfast included. It is about 5 miles from downtown, but they also provide a shuttle to the trolley.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamie C
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here while visiting the many historic attractions St. Augustine has to offer. The room was very nice and clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We were traveling with 5 people and the room we had accommodated each and everyone of us comfortably. There were two double sized beds and a sofa bed. The room also had two large tv's, a microwave, and a mini fridge. The complimentary breakfast had a variety of choice including breakfast sandwiches, fruit, and yogurt. My stay was pleasant and I will definitely be booking a room here on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We travelled to St. Augustine a couple of weeks ago, planning to spend the night near the old town. Without reservations, there was no vacancy at the five lodgings we tried, having no reservations in advance. It turned out that it was an event weekend, of "Rythm and Ribs". So, we drove about 15 minutes back to the Interstate and got into one of the last rooms at this Fairfield. It was a good choice and a nice place to stay, with the hotel being only a couple of years old. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the morning breakfast was just OK. BUT, if you are only planning to visit St. Augustine historic district, it is NOT a walk away. So when you drive there, select one of the tour bus companies, book a reservation and they offer free parking. The public parking garage at the visitor center costs $10 a day.
X

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyretireds
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed here two nights while visiting St. Augustine. The location was perfect, the room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was very well taken care of by Joyce, a credit to the hotel. There had been 50 kids in the breakfast area before we came down & we couldn't see any trace of them. Not a large selection of food but everything was very good.

The one negative that we could find was that the first night the desk clerk had stated he would call for a shuttle pickup the next morning at 9:00am to take us in to the trolley tour. After breakfast we went to the front desk area and waited about 15 to 20 minutes and then asked when the pick up would be there. The desk clerk stated that the night clerk had not noted the call & it was not done. They would have to call the shuttle service which would then take approximately 20- 30 minutes. We ended up driving in ourselved.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, no noise at all. We could see a small section of the pool area
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here over one night on our way down to Port Canaveral for a cruise. It was a very clean and nice hotel. We had a standard king room and found it sufficient for our needs. Very quiet hotel, but convenient to restaurants and shopping. We went to downtown the evening of our arrival and had a blast! Do visit the downtown historic district. It is beautiful in the evening and not to be missed! So much to do. Breakfast was also good. It offered an array of options; fruit, biscuits/gravy, waffles, bagels, muffins, etc. We definitely recommend this hotel if you're in the area!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple