“Couldn't be better” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lakewood Ranch, Florida
“Couldn't be better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

Given the other reviews, this is a bit like piling on, but we had such a good experience I just have to.

We were looking for a hotel convenient to I95 for an overnight stay enroute to our vacation destination. We selected it based on TA reviews and we were delighted. The place looks new, it is spotless, the rooms are a nice size, the beds are comfortable and the internet is free.

I havent't been a road warrior for several years now, but I was surprised by just how nice the continental breakfast buffet was. In addition to the baked goods, waffles, fresh fruit and juices I'm accustomed to, there was oatmeal with all the toppings and biscuits with a big pot of sausage gravy! Again, everything was spotless.

What really sets this place apart is the staff. They couldn't be friendlier, more efficient or more helpful. Jackie was at the desk when we arrived. She checked us and the three people ahead of us in and had us on our way to our rooms in the time it usually takes to get one person through the process. Joyce in the breakfast room was delightful. On this particular morning she had come in early to be sure everything was in order to accommodate a large group staying at the hotel. She greeted guests (some by name), attended to special requests, straightened and replinished in a seamless flow. Finally, as if to demonstrate that Jackie wasn't a fluke, the young man on the desk in the morning was also friendly and very helpful. He too was calling out greetings to guests who passed by.

We didn't use it, but pool was large and people seemed to be enjoying it.

One night is a small sample, but based on our experience we'll stay there whenever our travels take us to or through St. Augustine.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were accommodated on the third floor. It was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank FootlooseFloridaUSA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here for New Years Eve six months ago. Very nice staff, accomodations, cleanliness unbelieveable and nice pool.... Looked like a brand new hotel. So for the price it was a great surprise. If I had to choose a negative, it would be the location, only because it's not in the St. Augustine historic area, so if you forget something (like we did), it's a little bit of a drive back to get it. No big deal though. Close to the outlet mall if you're into that. Oh and free internet too! We would definitely go back again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us! As I have said in some of my previous responses, we really do pride ourselves on our Guest's experience at our property. It's difficult to respond to every review but, we do try to respond to as many as we can! I appreciate your accolades and hope we have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Lindsey Davis
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

I was a little worried about the paper thin wall reviews, but we arrived at 12pm with 2 toddlers. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating and the two day stayed I had with my family was very quite all night both nights, there was absolutely no noise at all, we did not really used the cleaning service due to the fact that we only spen one day in Saint Augustine, so I can not comment on it. The breakfast is your usuall Fairfield breakfast waffles , juice etc. Overall great experience the only issu I had is that we asked for foam pillows and they just gave as regular ones not a big issue but we were a little disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kasandra E
Naples, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

We snagged a great deal from Priceline for this hotel, although their regular rates are still reasonable. The room is spacious and comfortable with a flat screen tv, Wi-Fi, a desk, chair, and comfortable bed. The front desk was kind enough to bring us a rollaway and it was probably the biggest and most comfortable rollaway we've seen! The bathroom is fairly large as well and there is a large closet for storage.

The hotel was very quiet when we were here. We rarely heard anyone in the hallways, though we saw people here and there. There was a nice looking pool but it was cloudy and drizzling so we couldn't take advantage.

Finally, it is convenient to historic St. Augustine. It's about a 10 minute drive, although I also saw that the trolley/tram picks up at the hotel. When I asked the front desk about this, they said that they had to be called to do a pick-up and the hours are 9-5. Still, a good deal for anyone that didn't want to drive.

Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nessz79
Winter Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We picked this hotel because it had the highest ratings/best reviews for the price range in the area we were looking. It was quiet, clean, and had a nice continental breakfast included. It is about 5 miles from downtown, but they also provide a shuttle to the trolley.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed here while visiting the many historic attractions St. Augustine has to offer. The room was very nice and clean. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We were traveling with 5 people and the room we had accommodated each and everyone of us comfortably. There were two double sized beds and a sofa bed. The room also had two large tv's, a microwave, and a mini fridge. The complimentary breakfast had a variety of choice including breakfast sandwiches, fruit, and yogurt. My stay was pleasant and I will definitely be booking a room here on my next visit.

• Stayed May 2012
Brentwood, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

We travelled to St. Augustine a couple of weeks ago, planning to spend the night near the old town. Without reservations, there was no vacancy at the five lodgings we tried, having no reservations in advance. It turned out that it was an event weekend, of "Rythm and Ribs". So, we drove about 15 minutes back to the Interstate and got into one of the last rooms at this Fairfield. It was a good choice and a nice place to stay, with the hotel being only a couple of years old. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the morning breakfast was just OK. BUT, if you are only planning to visit St. Augustine historic district, it is NOT a walk away. So when you drive there, select one of the tour bus companies, book a reservation and they offer free parking. The public parking garage at the visitor center costs $10 a day.
X