“Great Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Everything about this stay was enjoyable. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the rooms clean and up-to-date. After we checked in we saw there was no fridge in our room, which we had requested, and called the front desk. Zack came minutes later with a fridge and apologized. The room was quiet and we especially liked that there was a TV Guide Channel. At most of the Marriott properties we visit you just have to channel surf. We left too early for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

It's your basic hotel room, Great front desk service, but didn't really like the Memory Foam beds and paper thin pillows. Plus my upgrade was not available until my second nights stay.

I usually sleep better in a hotel room than I do at home so this was a big disappointment. The foam was pretty firm and didn't have any give, plus the bedding just made it feel harder and flat than I would like.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

I'm sorry you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I can understand how not resting well can affect EVERYTHING. I truly apologize. I am also sorry we did not have your upgrade available. We do try to give our Elite Members upgrades whenever they are available but, unfortunately, during our peak season it makes it more difficult. If you would like to contact me directly in regards to your stay I would be more than happy to add some additional Marriott Rewards points to your account for the inconveniences you experienced. I realize this does not excuse it but, I would love to regain your trust and hopefully, have you try us again in the future.
I can be reached at ldavis@shanercorp.com.

Lindsey Davis

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was such an enjoyable stay! Staff was so nice - particulary Matthew at the front desk and the very sweet lady who prepares the breakfast! Every single staff member smiled and spoke when approached and was just very helpful and pleasant! Room was sparkling clean and very comfortable - Thank you again for a great experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The check-in seemed to take less than 1 minute. I can hear the TV in the next room - really thin walls - I went for a walk to give the couple in the next room some privacy. No GOLF CHANNEL on the television.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

I am truly sorry you did not fully enjoy your experience at my property. I can completely understand how noise levels can affect your comfort and your stay. We are aware of the issue and we are working towards getting it rectified to the best of our ability.

I appreciate you taking the time to review my property. We always appreciate any Guest feedback whether it is positive or negative.

If you would like to discuss your stay further I would be happy to speak with you. I can be reached at 904-810-9892 or you can email me at ldavis@shanercorp.com

Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us.

Lindsey Davis

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We loved this modern Fairfield, with its fresh modern decor, comfortable and quiet rooms, and helpful, welcoming staff. The breakfast choices included the usual eggs, waffles, etc as well as enough healthy choices to allow me to stay on my weight watcher's points ( fresh fruit, light yogurt, etc). The hotel is close to 2 outlet malls, a Ruby Tuesday's, and a Cracker Barrel. They called the trolley company for us and arranged a free shuttle to historic St Augustine. The only negative- the breakfast room is quite small and the buffet area poorly designed, creating congestion, especially around the very slow toaster. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Much nicer than other Fairfields we have stayed in.

Room Tip: If you want a mini fridge, request one when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We found our one night stay in Fairfield Inn to be very nice. Located in a quiet area very near the outlet mall, it proved to be a reasonably priced location for a tour of the city and from which to enjoy the mall. The breakfast selection was adequate and the food well prepared.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

It was different from anywhere iv been. Its still on big room but the space is design to feel like a living room and a bedroom. Loved it. The workers were all nice and greeted us when we walked by. Will be staying here every time we are in St Augustine

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple