“Perfect base location.”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Alaska
“Perfect base location.”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel is clean, great staff, nice pool, and good value. The breakfast area seats need refurbishing but no other complaints. The king room with sofa bed is a great value; provides privacy and that all important second tv for the kids!

Room Tip: The sofa beds aren't comfortable. Our daughter slept on the couch rather than making it into a b...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you for your positive review of my property! I always appreciate hearing the positive and the negative feedback. I will happily share your review with my team at our morning meeting!

I do understand how the condition of the furnishings in our breakfast area can be a negative detractor during your stay. We have ordered the new furniture and thought it would be in place before the end of March but, there has been a delay with our delivery. We would love to have you come back and try us again. I would love for you to get the "full" experience of our property when we are at our shining best!

Thank you again!
Lindsey Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Arrived around noon on a Friday with a reservation for two rooms. The Marriott website said that regular rooms near full but plenty of suite availability. With clients meeting me at the hotel before dinner I asked for the platinum upgrade to a king suite, which I mistakenly thought was one of my road warrior perks...and it always had been at EVERY other Marriott property in my life time.

I was informed that despite suites not reserved that no upgrades were available....when I asked why the answer was not clear....just no! After a crowded pre-dinner meeting on return I checked with the front desk and was informed that several suites were unoccupied and if I wished to change rooms I could...too late!

Just to continue my sour grapes there was virtually no hot water for showers each morning. The only time in my life treated poorly at a Marriott property.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
I am truly sorry for the miscommunication with my team. I have taken this opportunity to discuss with my associates the importance of our Platinum Members. I can certainly understand your frustration with this inconvenience when you are a very loyal Marriott Rewards Member. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further. If you would be so kind to either call or Email me, I would also gladly add Marriott Rewards Points to your account for the inconvenience. I understand this in no way makes up for the mixed messages and treatment you received from my team however; it is my hope to regain your trust in my property as a loyal Marriott Guest. Please feel free to contact me at ldavis@shanercorp.com at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.
LIndsey Davis - General Manager
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Convenient to I-95, the outlets and the historic area. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The bed with the foam top was plush. Plenty of parking. The staff was professional and friendly. The hotel is the newer generation and up to date furnishings. I will stay here again if in the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ResortMike
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We spent two nights here. It is close to the Outlet Malls and close enough to the beach. Service at the front desk was pleasant. The breakfast was nothing special, but okay. You can make your own waffle and that was about the best. Room was clean and comfortable.

1 Thank Sharon E
Littleton, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We stayed for two nights during our recent road trip to Florida. We can't think of one thing about this hotel we would change.

We had the help of the front desk clerk, Zack, and would like to commend him for his friendliness, patience, and assistance. The management is lucky to have found Zack!

The hotel is convenient to the downtown historic area. It is in a quiet area near the premium outlet stores.

We will definitely stay at this Fairfield Inn when we return to Florida next year.

Room Tip: We always ask for a room on the top floor away from the elevator and vending machines.
1 Thank A E
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 1 March 2014

After reading a few reviews I was considering changing our reservations to a different hotel. I am glad we did not. We were greeted at the front desk by a very friendly clerk and we were able to check in a couple of hours early. The room was clean and comfortable. Some reviews mention the noise but we did not experience any more noise an you would expect at a hotel. (We always ask for the top floor to eliminate the possibility of noise from above) Also not sure why there was a concern to turning into the hotel as there is a traffic light at the main road. The complimentary breakfast was very good. You could make your own waffles, there was fresh fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, muffins, bagels, cereal, coffee and juices.
We never stayed at a Fairfield Inn as we always stay at a Courtyard or Residence Inns by Marriott. Needless to say I will not hesitate to stay here our next trip to St. Augustine.

St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

it's really clean and the people running it are polite.. the place is about 15 mins from downtown where all the good restaurants and attractions are at. complimentary breakfast is good, if there's something to say bad about this place, it's just the smell of stagnant water when they run their sprinklers at night and they need to get a better bread toaster. but at the end of the day, this place deserves at least 4 stars..

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends