“Good location, nice hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95
Ranked #25 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Inglis, Florida
“Good location, nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I recently stayed here for 2 nights. While not located in the heart of St Augustine, it was only about 10 minutes away from everything. The room was nicely appointed. The beds and pillows (of which there were a good variety on each bed) were comfortable.

The Hot Breakfast Buffet offered a wide variety of choices, including belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon one day and turkey sausage the next, muffins, bagles, cereal, yogurt etc. They did an excellent job of keeping everything filled.

There was a problem with a slow running sink in our room. We mentioned it before going out one day but the message didn't get passed along. However, when we mentioned it that night, Mike the repairman was at the desk and immediately went to fix it. It was fine by the time we returned.

I would recommend this as a home base for St Augustine. As we rode the trolley every day, we would go to the Old Jail and park for the day for free. The staff was all very friendly and courteous and the price was reasonable given the time of year we were there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback! I will happily share this review with my team! I thank you for recommending us! I do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future! I would love to introduce myself. We look forward to seeing you!

Lindsey Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Dunnellon, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. The bed was very comfortable and there were 3 pillows on the bed - one soft, one medium one firm - good selection!
The bathroom sink was very slow to drain and as I was leaving in the morning I told the front desk about it, and she said she would get it repaired. When I returned in the afternoon there was no change, so as I was leaving to go out to dinner I mentioned it to the front desk again. That time, Mike the maintenance man was there and he headed right up to the room to fix it... Thank you Mike!
The breakfast was nice, with fruit, scrambled eggs, waffles, bacon one day and turkey sausage the other. Everything was fresh.
There is a vent in the bathroom that was very dusty.... and there is no exhaust fan.
I felt the price was rather high being so far from the historic area of St. Augustine.

Room Tip: upper level away from the elevator and ice machine as the walls are quite thin - heard the people ne...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for your review of my property. I appreciate your accolades and will happily share them with my team. I also appreciate your feedback in regards to the cleanliness issues you experienced at my property. I can assure you that this is not a standard for my hotel and will be addressed. Unforunately, due to the new "Green Technology" we do not have exhaust fans on a switch in the hotel. We now have exhausts on a timer throughout the hotel.

Again, I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel and do hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future! Thank you for your time.

Leland, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel to break up our stop on the way back from our stay in southern FL. This hotel is just off 95, and was welcoming, spotless, and quiet. In the morning, their complementary breakfast offered many selections, including healthy options. There was oatmeal, cold cereal, Danish, bagels, fruit, scrambled eggs, turkey sausage, fresh waffles ( batter ready for you to pour onto the waffle iron), yogurt, and more. The woman attending to the buffet was helpful, and even came around offering cups of fruit. I found the staff friendly and helpful both at check in and upon checking out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your positive feedback! I really appreciate the review! If there is ever anything you or any of our Guests believe we can improve on, please, let us know! I will gladly share your review with my team!

Rochester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

This Fairfield is conveniently located near Premium outlet malls. It is clean, tastefully decorated, and a good value. The breakfast offered quite a selection including waffles, eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal, juices, etc. The only negative about the breakfast area is that the chairs needed to be replaced or reupholstered. They were quite unsightly. However, this would not prevent me from staying at this location in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is a nice hotel, clean and convenient for the shopping malls. Its not so convenient if you want to eat in the centre of st augustine of an evening as its quite a drive. The rooms were nicely decorated and clean. Breakfast was fresh with pancakes, eggs (boiled and scrambled), sausage patties or bacon, cereal, pastries, fruit and yogurt. The pool area was lovely and the hot tub was nice.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Westminster, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I was so pleased with our stay at a Fairfield Inn in Titusville that it got my husband to stop at another location the following night as we head home. This time, I was extremely disappointed! First, the front desk was unattended, it was about 11 pm. When we were discovered standing in the lobby by a man that seemed to be a manager, he went back and said something to the younger staff before coming out to attend to us. We asked if they had any vacancies and with little conversation we asked for a King room. The "manager"??? Continued to check us in, never asking for Triple A or other discounts! He asked for a credit card without ever quoting us a price at all. When we asked, the room was twice the cost of the Fairfield Inn the night before. Ok whatever, it's just one night. Our room was on the first floor and definitely had a water problem at some point. The odor was musky and moldy-I couldn't wait to leave! Ask for a higher floor and get the price you want! Or better yet go somewhere else to stay, we won't stop here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karen B
lindavis66, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites St. Augustine I-95, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your experience at my property. I will be more than happy to address your concerns with my team as, I can certainly see where you are coming from. I apologize that it was not explained that there was a citywide event going on in St. Augustine when you stayed with us. Unfortunately, the Murray Bros. Golf Tournament was happening at the World Golf Village this past weekend. That coupled with Spring Break made it a very high demand time in our area. I understand that this does not excuse that this was not explained to you. I apologize that the rate was not explained nor that it was explained that due to the special event, we did not have any discounts available. Typically, we do have AAA and senior rates available if it is not a special event.

I also would like to apologize that you were not completey satisfied with your room. I have met with my housekeeping and maintenance supervisors to address this issue.

Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences. I certainly do not want to lose your trust as a valued Marriott Guest. If you would like to contact me at ldavis@shanercorp.com, I would be happy to investigate the matter further and hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is a typical great Fairfield property. Exceptional value, consistent quality, and spotlessly clean. The staff were very nice and the lady that runs the breakfast program was more than helpful. Not as “carb” loaded as other Fairfield breakfast offerings and the fresh cut fruit cups were a real nice touch. One thing I did notice that seemed totally out of character with the rest of the hotel was the condition of the cushions on the breakfast chairs. The chairs and tears in the coverings and all seemed like they needed to be recovered. Didn’t affect the food, but detracted from the overall experience and the breakfast area seemed small for a hotel this size. There is a nice little subdivision area close by to go for a morning walk. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a little drive from the main St. Augustine attractions, but real close to the outlet mall and the $$$ savings more than make up for the distance from beach.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple