“Lots of fun”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

We've been on many ghost tours, and this is one of the better ones.

Guides were funny and well informed, the tour was well managed and ran on schedule. Many ghost tours feature an ill-informed guide who bloviates 30 minutes over the scheduled time-- this is definitely not one of them.

While the entertainment value is very good, the best thing about the Ghost Train is that it takes you to some definitely haunted places. My daughter caught a picture of a full body apparition at one stop, and almost every stop on the tour felt very spooky.

The description on the brochure makes it sound a little like you'll be riding around St. Augustine in a trolley all night. This isn't the case. The train/trolley just makes it possible for you to cover lots of territory and get to some very interesting places you can't get to on foot.

Very good activity for the whole family. The price is a little high, but they won't beg you for tips at the end, so the price is actually pretty good for St. Augustine.

1 Thank dkkckk
Kimberly K, General Manager at Ripley's Ghost Train Adventure, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
We are so glad that you found the tour well organized and entertaining. I would love to see some of the photos that you got! It is always exciting for us to see what great shots our guests get. Thank you so much for choosing our tour, and for writing such a nice review!

“Fun, Informational, Cool”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Went on the ghost night train for. Pretty fun. Informational about the city and the haunting events. Brandon one of the guys giving the tour was pretty awesome funny and seemed like he genuinely loved his job. Recommend going on this tour, I think mainly for kids but still fun for adults too.

1 Thank beccababy24
Kimberly K, General Manager at Ripley's Ghost Train Adventure, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking Ripley's Ghost Train! We are so pleased that you enjoyed the tour and thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review!
Aurora, North Carolina
“Great tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I recently came to St Augustine for vacation and heard great things about the Ghost Train so I decided that I had to give it a try. Our tour guide, Brandon, was awesome! He was informative, funny, and made the tour very enjoyable.I will definitely be back to do the tour again on my next trip into town...as long as Brandon will be our guide for the night!!

1 Thank Misspriss0317
Thank you so much for choosing our tour. I am so glad that you enjoyed Brandon's tour! We greatly appreciate that you made us a part of your visit to St. Augustine and thank you for writing such a nice review!
Trenton, Florida
“Fun Family Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Ripley's ghost tour train ride was awesome! Our tour guide, Brandon not only gave us a history lesson but also managed to make us laugh. Our family loved it!

1 Thank das8480
I am so glad that all of your party found the tour and Brandon educational and entertaining! We greatly appreciate that you made us a part of your visit to St. Augustine and thank you for writing such a nice review!
Havelock, North Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Could be good if employees weren't so rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Where to start..... We were passing thru St. Augustine on Feb 23, 2014 on our way to start our vacation at Disney. Since it was our 28th anniversary we decided to spend the day in St. Augustine (which ended up raining all day). It stopped raining in the evening and we decided to take the ghost train tour at Ripley's. I asked if the tour still went if it rained and the woman selling tickets said yes. So our party of 5 bought tickets, which we were the only ones who had bought tickets, and I was asked if we wanted to switch to the indoor tour. We really wanted to take the tour around town so declined to switch. It was wet outside but not very cold. When we went to check in, the girl who checked us in, Chelsey, was extremely rude. She has no business working in customer service and should be fired in my opinion. She repeatedly tried to get me to change our tickets to the other tour and was very annoyed we wouldn't change since we were the only 5 who bought tickets for that tour. When the train pulled up she comes out yelling for us not to rush the train as it wasn't time to get on it yet. Yes, yelling..... No one was even walking toward to the trian, why she thought we were rushing it is beyond me. My husband and I, (age 49 and 50) didn't appreciate this 20 something girl running outside to yell at us. Did I also mention it was our 28th anniversay??? My husband is also a 20 year retired US Marine who served in Desert Storm and my son-in-law a 5 year Marine who served a year in Iraq. Who this girl, Chelsey, thought she was to be speaking to us in this manner is beyond me. If Ripley's doesn't want to run tours on rainy days or if a limited number of people buy tickets, then they should make a policy of such and not sell tickets. Not have patrons endure rude employees because they simply purchased tickets. Next, Brandon the tour guide, was not pleased that he was called in to give this tour. The first thing he said to us was that he had been at the store buying steaks and lobster to cook that evening when he got the call he had to work that night. I guess he figured there would be no tour due to weather so made plans for his dinner. Why in the world would a tour guide start the tour with this long story of his displeasure of being called into work because of us. Really! Look punk... my husband and son-in-law served their country longer than you have even been alive and they weren't eating steak and lobster while in the deserts of the middle east. So get over it! While Brandon finally warmed up to us during the tour and gave a decent tour and seemed knowledgable of the area and the ghost stories, the evening on a whole was a disappointment due to the unfriendly atmosphere created by Ripley's employees. I do hope this review is considered for some changes in your business.
Rose

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Rose P
I am so sorry that this was your experience here. That is certainly not acceptable and I have addressed these issues with staff. I will say that I was very surprised to read your review and usually, these are two folks that guests normally rave about as far as their willingness to go above and beyond for people. Regardless, we obviously fell short in this instance and for that I am so sorry. I promise you that this has been addressed and will not be an issue. I am sorry that you had this experience. We would love to invite you back to do the tour again as our guests. Happy belated anniversary!