“Great Experience for a first time KOA-er!”

St. Augustine Beach KOA
Reviewed 17 March 2012

This was my first time staying at a KOA campsite and I had a wonderful experience! We booked a late minute "kabin" for what I would call a somewhat steep price. I must admit when I realized that there wasn't bathroom in the cabin I did call and try to cancel. I was told that I would be charged the deposit for the first night and since we were only staying one night, I decided to suck it up and stick to the original plan. When we got to the site we were graciously greeted by a lovely woman named Joyce. She was extremely friendly and helpful with our questions.

I do believe that next time we stay I would prefer to have a cabin with a bathroom in it, just because it does get annoying having to get up and walk to the bathroom every so often. BUT the room was extremely clean and comforting! The bed was comfortable — I wish it could have been a little longer since I'm a little on the taller side. Also, the ac was a lovely addition. We also started a fire and sat outside for a while and it was extremely peaceful and quite! We felt very safe during our stay and will gladly return again in the near future!

Room Tip: I would rather camp in our tent or chose a cabin with a restroom in it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 March 2012

Family vibe atmosphere. Have campsites and cabins. 60 seconds from beach access, less than 5 from old downtown. Run well, clean and friendly staff. Classic video games in game room for all you children of the 80's.
We stayed here every time we came to St. A when we had our camper (we'll get another), can't reccomend enough. Met some guys that turned into great friends, if you go during Thanksgiving, they put on a pretty nice spread for all the guests, too.
A little more expensive that Anastasia State Park, but you get more too.
Also, is next to a strip mall, quieter setting would be nice, but no foul.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We reserved here for a week as part of our vacation this year. This KOA is a nice property, but one can see that it was once not so surrounded by the town. We liked the location but the traffic noise and so on were not for us. That said, it is an ideal location to tour the area, is good value for the money and has a fine set of amenities. We have found the staff to be friendly, helpful and polite. The place is very clean and well looked after. We would certainly recommend this KOA to friends.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PKinNB
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Just under a mile from the beach, this very quaint KOA offers a great value to guests. When we travel in our RV, I dislike gigantic Rv parks that seem more like mall parking lots. This campground is nothing like that... it is relatively small- each site is nestled within a picturesque canopy and is allotted a very comfortable amount of room. Almost every site has a view of the water, if not directly on the water. (The water, I should note, is a small man-made pond- still very nice to look at with plenty of fish and fowl to watch.) The staff are all very pleasant and accommodating without being obtrusive, and all of the other guests here seem friendly and easy-going.

Closest to the KOA is a main intersection which features a Wendy's, a 24-hour CVS, Dominos Pizza, a general looking sort of pub and a Dollar General Store. A block away is a fAmily-style Italian restaurant which came highly reccomended by KOA staff and smelled very good when i passed. The beach is just a short bike ride away, with plenty of places to grab a bite- I recommend the FA Cafe for atmosphere, value and QUALITY above all else. A 2 mile bikeride back towards town will bring you to another great restaurant, Gypsy Cab Co. There is also a variety if pubs a d shops in that area as well.

Overall, I am extremely impressed with this campground. The location is just fantastic. We would stay longer if it  was a little warmer, and look forward to DEFINITELY coming back for a longer stay in the spring.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed at the St. Augustine Beach KOA over Labor Day weekend in one of their 2 room Kamping Kabins. The Kabin was lakefront with a great porch swing and deck overlooking the water. Although the water level was a bit low, it still was full of turtles and ducks that were fun to feed and watch. The grounds at the campsite are kept clean and the property is full of trees. There are tons of Kabins on the lake and a few off the lake. The campsite has lots of RV spots amongst the trees. They seemed a bit tight to get in to, but then again I don't own a RV so I'm not sure how easy it is to manuver. Yes, this campsite is behind a strip mall but I didn't even notice it. The location is great...less than a mile to the beach and 3 miles to downtown. There is a CVS within a block along with some fast food rest. We walked to the CVS a couple of times to pick up things- very handy! The property is very quiet and clean. We used the bathrooms by the pool and they were always kept clean and bug free! The pool area looked nice and the pool water was clear, never actually made it in the pool though because we were soo busy! I would highly reccommend this KOA....we are making plans already to return!

Room Tip: If you are looking at renting a cabin....pay the couple extra dollars for a lakefront. The other on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank awatson1000
Reviewed 2 September 2011

When we visit St. Augustine we stay here because of the location, the staff and how nice they keep it. What makes this a special place are the owners. We pulled in and one AC wasn't working so Ed, the owner, changed the plug and breaker and with that not fixing the problem, offered to assist in changing the plug on my shore line. He did it for me since he had the tools and got things running! THAT is exceptional customer service and that is why we love it here (besides just loving this town).

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Less than mile to beach, very clean bathrooms, friendly and accommodating staff. Pretty campus tucked in behind strip shopping center. Good mix of retirees and families staying there. Only 15 min drive to historic St Augustine. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011