We were given a "LAKESIDE PREMIER" site for which we paid an additional fee.
The so called "lake" is actually a polluted stream that is on the other side of the street BEHIND the RV. LAKESIDE INDEED!
The streets are in need of repair, the sites are in need of raking, the laundry area is outside on the side of the building and consists of a couple rusty rundown machines. There is no gate or security at the entrance so, as a result, anyone can walk in or drive in at anytime throughout the day or night.
This is a poor example of a KOA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're well-situated to explore the historic city of St. Augustine from this campground on Anastasia Island. Visit the Fountain of Youth park (known as the site where Ponce de Leon landed in 1513), the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum and the Lightner Museum-filled with artifacts from America's "Gilded Age." Anglers can cast for snapper, grouper, amberjack and other tasty fish on a deep-sea charter or from the pier that's just a mile away. From your Cabin, RV site or tent site, take a 3/4-mile walk to the ocean or enjoy on-site amenities, including a pool, fishing pond and paddleboats ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your St. Augustine Beach KOA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Beach Koa Hotel Saint Augustine
- St. Augustine Beach KOA Florida