The location of this KOA is ideal as it is an easy walk down to the beach. Luckily they are putting in a light at the end of Pope where crossing A1A can be perilous. There is already a light with crossing signal at Pope and 1A. There is also a CVS on the walk to or from the beach where I suggest you pick up supplies as everything is overpriced in the KOA store. We didn't find any issue with the lake (as previous reviewers have) or the staff (very helpful and friendly).
My largest issue is that the cabins, bathrooms and pool are all incredibly dirty. In the time that we were there (4 days, 3 nights), I know for certain the bathrooms were not cleaned at all because the trash, discarded toilet paper, hair balls, etc were all in the exact same location. In addition, the sink that was out of soap remained out of soap the entire time and the very full feminine disposal boxes remained full as well. Our cabin was very dirty and when using some water to clean up the floor, the distinct odor of urine was evident. For some reason, they do not supply trashcans in the cabins or a chair - which has been standard at the dozens of other KOA cabins we have stayed in. For some reason there was a broken trash can bolted to the back of the cabin but no bag was provided and the lid was broken as well.
Second to this issue of cleanliness is the fact that the facilities are old, most likely the original installation. This normally wouldn't be a problem (for me at least) but for the fact that they are not kept clean and the cost of renting a cabin rivals the costs of renting a hotel room (e.g., Hampton Inn and Super 8) that is right on the beach. If you are tent camping (or RVing), I suggest checking out Anastasia State Park for better pricing and faciliites.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're well-situated to explore the historic city of St. Augustine from this campground on Anastasia Island. Visit the Fountain of Youth park (known as the site where Ponce de Leon landed in 1513), the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum and the Lightner Museum-filled with artifacts from America's "Gilded Age." Anglers can cast for snapper, grouper, amberjack and other tasty fish on a deep-sea charter or from the pier that's just a mile away. From your Cabin, RV site or tent site, take a 3/4-mile walk to the ocean or enjoy on-site amenities, including a pool, fishing pond and paddleboats ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your St. Augustine Beach KOA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Beach Koa Hotel Saint Augustine
- St. Augustine Beach KOA Florida