If you are looking for a cheap alternative to a hotel in st Augustine, this campground might be for you. We rented the fully furnished, with linens, cabin and were pleased with our choice. Complete with full bathroom, gas grill, fire pit and a view of "lake" we had all we needed for a great weekend in St Augustine.
The trolly provides transportation to Old Town, a huge bonus bc parking is horrible. The beach is about a mile away - easy if you have bikes. You can drive and park on the beach beginning at A street, just South of KOA.
As a destination campground, I wouldn't consider it. There is a playground, pool and game room, but they are all old and in disrepair. There is no security at the entrance so anyone can wander in and hang out. I wouldn't feel comfortable with my kids walking around by themselves in this small campground.
The ducks are cute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're well-situated to explore the historic city of St. Augustine from this campground on Anastasia Island. Visit the Fountain of Youth park (known as the site where Ponce de Leon landed in 1513), the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum and the Lightner Museum-filled with artifacts from America's "Gilded Age." Anglers can cast for snapper, grouper, amberjack and other tasty fish on a deep-sea charter or from the pier that's just a mile away. From your Cabin, RV site or tent site, take a 3/4-mile walk to the ocean or enjoy on-site amenities, including a pool, fishing pond and paddleboats ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your St. Augustine Beach KOA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Beach Koa Hotel Saint Augustine
- St. Augustine Beach KOA Florida