“Good little "staycation"”

St. Augustine Beach KOA
Titusville, Florida
“Good little "staycation"”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I love the location, walk to the beach which is pet friendly, and the fact that there is an excellent pool hall just across the street. Getting a bit tired of the commercialness of St. Augustine, but other than that (and the sting of the puss caterpillar) a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We are big supporters of KOA's and have stayed across the country in Kabins and with our RV. This KOA is not made for large RV's and the set up isn't good. Roads are very narrow, staff wasn't the best, and the restrooms are not easily accessible. This time I was traveling without my husband but my elementary aged child was with me. We stayed in a kabin without a bathroom on the pond. Arriving late in the afternoon, we checked in with an employee that wasn't friendly. We didn't go directly to the kabin as we had an commitment. If we had, I would have been alerted to some serious issues. 1st the cabin was located in between a extremely narrow road and the pond. Parking was on one side of Kabins making privacy non existence. The other kabins had their guests parked next to the kabins, but there was someone parked in my space so I had to park a cabin down. We had to park in the road, unload in the dark hoping no one would be coming down the road because they couldn't get by until we unloaded. It was very dark and one of our keys didn't work. The other one worked but after a million tries. The bathrooms were located down the very dark road but the problem we were in area where alligators and snakes exists. It wasn't safe to walk in the dark to the bathroom for fear of meeting danger, falling in the pond, or stepping in a hole and breaking our necks. The 2nd night wasn't any better so we cut our 5 night stay to only 2 nights and went a motel where I paid the same amount and got a bathroom. I would not recommend this KOA for large rigs or Kabins.

Room Tip: Take a Kabin with a bathroom
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The St-Augustine Kampground meets the KOA standards. The owner has a vision to protect the natural aspect of this nice camping. The staff is friendly and very helpful for any concerns or requests we may have. The Kampground is well located for any services (ex.: grocery store) and tours.

The only challenge we had is to put at level our 40' motorhome. We had to keep a light "hill" in the motorhome.

Otherwise we have appreciated our stay at his Kampground and if we had to travel by, we would stop again. We recommend any KOA Kampers to stay there.

YD, Montréal (QC)

Room Tip: They don't have rooms, but cabins. However we stayed in our motorhome. Our assigned site was b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The location was not good because it was not secure. People off the street were wandering through at all hours. The lights and sounds from the shopping center were a huge distraction. The front desk personnel were not friendly at all. We will not return, the location did not feel safe.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 January 2014

When I went to my site I found that we were too long to fit. After notifying the office they relocated us to a great site and was very courteous.
I have already made my return reservation for when I return back up north

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I have visited St Augustine KOA on two occasions and both times were excellent, the pool was very nice and the sites were excellent, the staff were friendly and the washrooms very good. It is close to the beach and also close to the beautiful town of St Augustine, they also offer a free shuttle to both the beach and the town going via the lighthouse and the alligator park where you can zip line for a small fee. On the whole a memorable experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Taxman73
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

St Augustine is a magical place at Christmas time!!! Beautiful lights throughout the town filled with art galleries, shops, resturants and saloons. Street entertainers and life music on almost every street. The Koa was close to everything, and if the weather was nicer had a small outdoor pool. The KOA was very clean along with the campsites. Our cabin did not have a bathroom and was very small offering only one electrical outlet. I will say if I cant rent a cabin with a bathroom I will NOT do that again. I will say we could have got a hotel room with a bathroom for less than we paid for the cabin and the cabins are so small that anymore than two people would just be ridiculous.

Room Tip: The bed was just a hard plastic foam, Thank god I had brought a blow up bed I put on top of it. Agai...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple