We checked into the KOA May 15-18, 2009. We rented a Kabin on the lake. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The property was clean and offered fishing, peddle boating, a pool and a doggie park. The "lake," though, was more like a large retention pond. The tent camp sites are on the road side of the property with sights and sounds of the grocery store parking lot and major highway. Don't expect any darkness, either. You get to sleep with the same parking lot street lights glaring into your tent. Definately not ideal for a "camping" experience.
They do have free high speed internet, cable hook ups in the Kabins, and there bathrooms were always very clean.
If staying here with pets, an RV or a Kabin, definately a nice place. Don't tent it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're well-situated to explore the historic city of St. Augustine from this campground on Anastasia Island. Visit the Fountain of Youth park (known as the site where Ponce de Leon landed in 1513), the St. Augustine Lighthouse and Museum and the Lightner Museum-filled with artifacts from America's "Gilded Age." Anglers can cast for snapper, grouper, amberjack and other tasty fish on a deep-sea charter or from the pier that's just a mile away. From your Cabin, RV site or tent site, take a 3/4-mile walk to the ocean or enjoy on-site amenities, including a pool, fishing pond and paddleboats ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your St. Augustine Beach KOA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Augustine Beach Koa Hotel Saint Augustine
- St. Augustine Beach KOA Florida