“Sit either outside or upstairs and order their specialty rolls! Volcano was the best!”
Review of Spy Global Cuisine & Lounge - CLOSED

Spy Global Cuisine & Lounge
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: SPY Global Cuisine provides a relaxing setting highlighted by a wide variety of dining options. Our kithchen offers premium steak, chicken and pork dinners as well a special seafood dish featuring lobster, scallops and shrimp. We serve a great Teriyaki Stir Fry and Thai Cocunut Curry dish with options to add meat or shrimp. We are renowned for our fresh Sushi and Sashimi which features a number of "fusion" specialty rolls that appeal not only to Sushi lovers but first time samplers as well. Our courtyard is one of the nicest in St. Augusting and our upstairs seating is perfect for date night.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Sit either outside or upstairs and order sushi specialty rolls! Get the volcano roll, it's the best. Also a great place for a small group with the couches to sit in upstairs and they take reservations.

Manmal12, Owner at Spy Global Cuisine & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the kind words and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Enjoyed their eclectic menu of traditional and specialty sushi. They have a large courtyard area which looked very inviting - as it was a bit chilly on the evenign we went, we opted to sit at the sushi bar. Food was excellent. Service was very attentive.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Honestly, I try not to give bad reviews unless it is utterly deplorable and offensive. I am not even sure where to begin. The chef here seems to have quite the ego with his picture plastered on everything and the long drawn out description of his "experience" not to be missed. Methinks he is overcompensating for not knowing what the hell he is doing. Maybe peoples palettes in this area are just too messed up from cramming fudge and ice cream in their faces all day on St. George Street, I don't know, but wow, this is not good food. First off, let me say, the chef does not seem to know the difference between sweetened coconut that is meant for cake and cupcakes and fresh coconut that is used liberally in Asia. Anything with coconut on it had this cloying sweet crap dumped all over it. Ahem, this is not the proper kind of coconut to use on asian cooking. You have to either buy a fresh coconut or get the shaved stuff at an indian or asian market. The sweet dried stuff in the baking section of Publix is NOT what is to be used on savory foods. Eee gads. On top of that, when I ordered the curry and mentioned the overt sweetness of it, my waiter made some marginally racist comment about not liking curry because of the way it makes people smell, and he doesn't want to smell like a...I will stop there.

3  Thank Amy B
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We sat in the "private room" with the low lighted table and the most comfotrtable sofas ever. So much fun to have dinner this way! My daughters love sushi, and they just loved the different rolls. My mom and I had stir fry which was delicious! Very good quality all around, and I did not think the portions were small at all. Plan on returning on my next visit to St. Augustine.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

They serve average good sushi and they are wayyy expensive. It was crazy. I can find many good sushi places and they would have better reasonable prices. However, if you want a fancy and private place, dine upstairs and you will enjoy the atmosphere. It is pretty nice. At that freezing night, it happens to be so cold upstairs far from heat. I would not come back again.

2  Thank olianna11