“Always something new by local artists”
Review of High Tide Gallery

High Tide Gallery
Ranked #3 of 100 Shopping in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: High Tide Gallery LLC has moved to 76B San Marco Avenue, 2 blocks north of the main Visitors Center. In business for 10 years and open daily, this all-local art gallery features a refreshing array of colorful art from the whimsical to the serious in 25 artists' original creations. Great atmosphere, awesome shopping, fun and friendly place! Don't miss it! Free street parking out front and on the side street. HOURS Monday: 11-6 Tuesday: 11-6 Wednesday: 11-6 Thursday: 11-6 Friday: 11-8 Saturday: 11-8 Sunday: 10:30-4
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Always something new by local artists”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We just love this art gallery, the best by far in St. Augustine. Every time we visit, which is very often, we fall in love with a "must have" unique and beautiful work of art by a local artist. We cherish each piece we purchase at High Tide Gallery and feel so lucky to enjoy this original art in our home every day.

Visited May 2014

Central, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Selections and great Customer Service”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As stated in other reviews, High Tide offers a beautiful selection of high-quality local art -- paintings, shell household decor, fired pieces, prints, jewelry, and more. What I especially want to pass on is what great customer service the gallery owner, Aimee, provided when I stopped in during a Florida vacation a few weeks ago.

I avoid impulse buying, especially when substantial money is involved; so even though I was very taken with two particular pieces when I visited the gallery I wanted to take a few days to think before purchasing. Once home in South Carolina I e-mailed Aimee on multiple occasions to ask questions about the two pieces. She was unfailingly prompt and courteous with her return replies. When one of the items I loved turned out not to be listed on the gallery's website I asked her to take and e-mail me photos so I could confirm she and I were talking about the same piece. She did so in no time. When I decided to order a fragile and heavy piece (a large mirror rimmed with a thick band of seashells) she promised to ship it out promptly, packed with the greatest care and at a good rate -- which she did. The piece arrived UPS in perfect condition.

Here's where things went not so well. I regret to say that once I opened the package I found that the shellwork appeared much different in color than when I had seen the mirror on the wall at High Tide in the Florida afternoon sun. It looked much less pink and bright and far more brown and grey. Although the shellwork was beautifully arranged, I could no longer take pleasure in the piece when it now showed such subdued colors Then I realized that I had never thought to ask Aimee about her return policy. I e-mailed her explaining the situation and asking if I could ship the mirror back to her (at my expense of course) but then be refunded the piece's purchase price. For all I knew she was going to say "You bought it, you own it," or charge me some sky-high restocking fee, or at the least say something like "You put me through all that trouble and now you want to do WHAT?" But she did none of those things. She again responded promptly and graciously and said she was sorry to hear this news but she understood and yes, I could do that.

From the time i entered her store to the time she e-mailed me back to say I could return the piece for a full refund, Aimee was never less than helpful, prompt, complete and gracious in her customer service even in the face of a disappointing sales outcome. While I wish my particular purchase had ended a different way, what happened was in no way the fault of AImee or her beautiful offerings. I have saved her website in hopes of purchasing from High Tide again at a later date, and I can't recommend Aimee's professional service highly enough.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Martha T
Blackshear, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beach Vibe Crafts”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This gallery seemed to be more beach crafts than high end art. Nothing wrong with that. However, some of the items were quite expensive for what they were! However, there were some reasonably priced souvenir pieces.

Visited February 2014
Brooklyn, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great selection of local stain glass”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Welcoming and helpful owner. Seemed more authentic and less touristy than the other shops we visited. Excellent gift box and bag for our stain glass starfish purchase.

Visited March 2014
McIntosh, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place to get local art”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Highly recommend High Tide Art Gallery. The have a great selection of local artists and a beautiful gallery.

Visited February 2014